HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Vuelta spoiler

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

8/26/24 7:31 AM

Vuelta spoiler

Cool race IMHO. Great solo attacks, Roglic looks pretty good but maybe can't dominate. Tons of climbing to come. Gotta love Carapaz.

Reply to topic    

RCoapman

8/26/24 8:55 AM

Been slacking and not keeping up until I binged yesterday. The Vuelta seems like it's always a bit crazier and unpredictable than the other GTs.

Can't see any realistic way for O'Conner to keep the maillot rojo, but his breakaway was truly epic.

Agree on Roglic, he did show a bit of vulnerability over the weekend but with his extensive GT experience I have no doubt he can ride back into better form.

Carapaz is a bloody fighter, he'll keep it interesting when the road goes up.

As much as I enjoy the spectacle of the true elites of the pro peloton, not having the TdF podium riders in the race seems to have leveled the playing field a bit.

Reply to topic    

LeeW

8/28/24 5:56 AM

Gorgeous scenery going into finish town of Baiona yesterday. Looked like a cool place to visit (temp wise too)

I love watching Carapaz when he's on form. He's never afraid of impromptu attacks that spice up the race action.

Something doesn't look right to me with Roglic ever since he won that stage. He could be JRA waiting for certain later stages, but I have to wonder if he is sick. Maybe just something minor, but lots of athletes have been coming down with mild covid, and that s**t can put a lot of congestion in your lungs and passages and definitely impair top-level performance.

Looking forward to watching stages 15 and 16 (HC summit finishes).

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

8/28/24 6:02 PM

Rogilc is still recovering from his injuries earlier in the year. His performance today pretty much dispelled any notion that he's sick.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/28/24 7:49 PM

Not feeling optimistic for Sepp... Love to see him wake up in the mtns.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman

8/29/24 6:25 AM

Roglic seemed to do ok yesterday, not great but it wasn't the type of stage to really throw down on. So I'm guessing he decided just to stretch his legs and get a decent chunk of time on OConner without going too deep. He looked super fresh even after the finish. Seems he just had a couple bad days.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/30/24 11:02 AM

McNulty dodged a cannon ball, my lord! That could be career and/or life ending!

RCoapman

8/31/24 1:56 PM

quote:
McNulty dodged a cannon ball, my lord! That could be career and/or life ending!

Yowza....you ain't kidding.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

9/1/24 4:57 PM

Uber cool stage today. The GC battle was good, but the sprint for the stage win was one of the most awesome things I’ve seen on a bike.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

9/1/24 5:37 PM

For certain... :)

RCoapman

9/2/24 5:27 AM

Slowest sprint I've ever seen. ;)

Massively impressive effort in the final 3k by Castrillo. You could feel his pain through the telly. Dude just kept digging deeper and deeper.

Also, re: Kuss, I can't recall ever seeing a defending GC champion being so invisible in a race.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

9/2/24 9:09 AM

When the breakaway got to the three, I thought Castrillo was hanging on for dear life well before top. I said to Elaine he'd be baked off any minute a few times.

How he managed to pull out not dying going up confounds me.

RCoapman

9/2/24 2:44 PM

I'm kind of like that, I have a terrible poker face and will look (according to those who ride with me) like I'm absolutely cooked when I've still got more in the tank.

Guessing Castrillo is like that...either that or it was an Oscar-worthy performance. But on 24% no amount of acting can make up for legs. He looked like he was going to pop on his first stage victory as well.

Reply to topic    

RCoapman

9/3/24 9:08 AM

Ugh...WvA has crashed out whilst holding both the green and polka dot jersey which is an amazing feat in and of itself and he's had them for days. That's a bad turn to be sure.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

9/7/24 11:04 AM

After seeing 'Unchained' on Netflix regarding Ben O'Connor, we came away with a poor impression here.

I have to say I gained some respect for him in the Vuelta. I think this Vuelta has had a huge growing up effect on him, and he's a different man/racer.

Kinda looking forward to 2025 to see him move back to OZ team from FR team. Back to Green Edge in essence for 2025. And they got Hellemose for 2025 as well.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -