CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

FYI, if you have 'MAX' subsricption, new cycling content.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/9/24 1:24 PM

FYI, if you have 'MAX' subsricption, new cycling content.

MAX's sports is called 'B-R Sports in there category/sections. Bleacher Report (B/R) Sports Add-On is an up-charge that is free currently. How long for... 2/29.

Currently: UAE Tour/womans, Superprestige, Tour of Murcia, Figueria Classic, Trofee Veldridjen, Almeria, Jaen Paraiso...

The upcoming events hit the replays section a bit slow, but also nice 4k resolutions if you got the TV for it.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman

2/9/24 3:26 PM

I'm still super salty that they took away GCN race coverage and the app. It was perfect but the already obscenely rich got bloody greedy...again.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/9/24 5:08 PM

yep. :)

Brian Nystrom

2/12/24 8:34 PM

That's why I'd rather spend $100 a year for a VPN and watch international coverage.

Reply to topic    

RCoapman

2/15/24 4:43 PM

Where do you watch? Eurosport is super locked down, they won't accept payment if the payment form isn't from the EU or UK.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

2/17/24 6:13 PM

I watch a lot on SBS out of Australia, but I also check Cyclingfans.com to see who is broadcasting particular races. Sometimes, I have to settle for foreign language commentary, but I can live with it. Listening to Italians is actually kind of fun!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/4/24 1:15 PM

Bump/update.

I still get the Sports coverage after 2/29 FYI.

Trick if you subscribe. If you cancel after one month they will offer you 6 mo. discounted to stay.

Ad free subst: My 1st month as 19.99 via Roku, something was on there we figured one month be enough. Then saw 15.99/mo directly with them VS thru Ruku, opted in. Then got 11.99 offer for 6 months. yada

We only had one other subst with no ads, so main motivation to keep was lack of BS pretty good.

Side note, managed a 1.99/mo for a year on Peacock and cycling content good for more main stay races. So that is doable if you google a bit apparently.

dan emery

3/5/24 3:03 PM

I got a survey from FloBikes today. Said it sucks bacause most of their races are available in Canada not US. Also have Peacock, which is good but doesn't have that many races. Maybe I'll try max as I'd like to see the Giro.

Reply to topic    

Campyman

3/7/24 9:47 AM

Cycling Streaming Sites

If you had and kept NBC Sports Gold active prior to Peacock you should have access to their races. I pay a yearly fee for Peacock which is about $55.
If you have an ATT Cellphone you may have Full Access to MAX & the BR Sports stream. It's included with my ATT Cell Phone acct.
I took Flo for a couple month this winter to cover CX season due to GCN+ being shutdown. Agree that Flo is over priced and most racers are Geo Blocked for US subscribers.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

3/12/24 1:35 PM

OK I signed up for Max, looks like that's pretty good coverage. That and Peacock should have most good stuff. FloBikes I think has the World Championships in the US and can probably sign up for a month if I want to see that (great race last year).

I'm sure there are mor economical and efficient ways to get good coverage, but I'm technically challenged and will go with this.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/12/24 2:58 PM

Try to cancel before 2nd month billing. They offered me 11.99/mo for 6mo to stay.

Sparky

3/13/24 10:03 AM

Today [Wed] watching Milano-Torino on MAX-B/R Sports. I see also Nokere Koerse Men’s Race, Deinze - Nokereberg (188.1km). Not heard of that one before. Woman's race of same as well.

Milano-Torino; commentators noted is 150 year old race, in it's 105th edition. Claimed oldest bike race in history.

So nice to see spring classics I've never had available without digging and VPN etc. I've not renewed my VPN subscription after the yr expiration. Not looking like I'll need to...

Another I've not heard of 'Miron Ronde van Drenthe' woman's race. Had a nasty bit of an up to the finish that was cobbled. But more like just stones than cobbles.

dan emery

3/13/24 4:24 PM

I watched some of Milan-Torino too. Good comment about the new tt helmets: "that's a different kettle of fish" "they could be a kettle of fish"......

Spark, you getting up @1:30 for Milan-San Remo? :) 4:30 for me, but nothing much happens until the final 6 or so of 288k.....

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/13/24 4:34 PM

Nah, not quite that early. It is more than 1/2 over but I rewind as far as it goes and start there.

Max, at least does not dump you out like Peacock does if you are rewound back and it ends in live stream.

With Peacock you can get dumped in the last few k and have to wait until it hits the on demand side as a replay to finish, annoying. Can take up to an hour too, or 5min, no rhyme nor reason I can tell...

dan emery

3/15/24 8:16 AM

These streaming apps are weird. Now FloBikes says they have the Flanders classics (including Ghent-Wevelgem and the Ronde) available in the US. But as far as I can tell there was no way of knowing this before the last couple days. Even though I cancelled I have a couple months left, and like Sparky, I can renew at a discount if I want :)

Reply to topic    

RCoapman

3/15/24 11:50 AM

I'm being scummy and using Tiz Cycling. It's a pirate site, so don't click on any of the ads, but they have nearly every race including live streams from eurosport. Not a great interface at all but commercial free and races are on demand as soon as livestream is done. They also offer the last 20 or 10k of most races as a stand-alone video.

This is my middle-finger to the corporate asshats that killed GCN+

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -