HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

"The Last Rider" Documentary

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tom Price

1/7/24 5:45 PM

"The Last Rider" Documentary

For those of you that have Hulu or want to try a 7 day free trial, there is a great documentary about Greg LeMond. The doc covers his full history with the second half covering the 1989 TDF that Greg won by 8 seconds. Back then the tv coverage was at the most an hour a week, so there is a lot of footage that I never saw before. There are also lots of scenes with a much younger Phil Liggett, he sounds the same.

In 1989 I was doing a crit as part of a three day stage race in south west NY and we were shocked when the announcer announced that LeMond was the TDF winner.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

1/10/24 12:05 AM

Pretty long @ 1h 42m too.

How was it BTW? I may wait a bit and just buy it on VUDU 4KUHD. Hulu is also UHD FYI, if you've got the
TV for it. [or TV and box]

Sparky

1/22/24 5:17 PM

Going to update this. I use VUDU to rent and buy into a digital library.

After Tom's PSA on this Lemond movie I went and the rent and buy were pretty expensive, I put it the wish list.

Today I had a look and it was $5.99 to rent, and sale 'buy' price for $5.00. This is what waiting on VUDU nets generally.

So heads up there.

Another heads up, it you get the VUDU/Fandango gift cards over certain amounts you get 10-15% off. So you can rent and buy for your digital library for less even. So in this case I paid 5.00 to buy this in 4k UHD minus 15%.

Also, the sale cards can have a few free rentals digital vouchers, and even credit vouchers for buys on top of the 15%. So check it out.

There is a good amount of HDR if you got the TV for it.
This Lemond piece is UHD highest res. SOme stuff you have options of SD for less than UHD/HDR, yada

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -