HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

"Gran" Tour

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

2/25/24 10:26 AM

"Gran" Tour

Let Pog and Vingo worry about Le Tour, I just completed Stage 1 of the Wahooligan Tour (formerly the Tour of Sufferlandria), a 7 day virtual "Tour" on the Wahoo SYSTM platform which benefits the Davis Phinney Parkinson Foundation.

Today was a combination of a tempo climb, intervals and a race simulation, mostly in France. Tomorrow is a crit in Adelaide with Aussie Pro Nicole Frain.

I haven't had a bad day yet!

Reply to topic    

dfcas

2/26/24 11:23 AM

Ive come to really like indoor riding/training. So much sothat i dont ride outside much these days. Our roads are so bad here that its discouraged me.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

2/26/24 7:57 PM

My CT get winter duty mostly. I subscribe to ERG Video like Dec thru April. We do get fair days and here great places away from blunt skull drivers to go.

But it gets wet/rainy for 5-6 days between 2-3 day od decent. As long as dew point is lowish and it is 45-55 I run out every chance.

RCoapman

2/26/24 8:11 PM

Got out for a 3/4 century yesterday, which was awesome. It was the 5k ft of climbing that got me. Three months indoors has atrophied the climbing muscles.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

2/27/24 9:01 AM

One thing I'll say is that I can get a wider variety of types of riding indoors. The virtual crit I rode yesterday kicked my butt with the constant accelerations, even though average power was not that high. At this point, never going to get a ride like that on the road....:)

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/27/24 10:26 AM

I always liked that I could do a fall off the bike workout when done, and not have to hobble back last 15 miles outside. But honestly I don't really do the hard intervals on the CT anymore. Just FTP pushes.

Last few years I watch some mindless series while on the trainer. The Wire, Donovan, Suits, etc. It has made me stay on without being as 'get me off this thing' after an hour.

So 24" monitor for ERGO Vid/stats, and 40" for streaming.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -