Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

My Dream Frame Just Arrived

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

1/19/21 3:50 PM

My Dream Frame Just Arrived

Kidding, but I <i>have</i> wanted one of these for a while:

https://www.theproscloset.com/products/cannondale-supersix-evo-hi-mod-58cm-frameset-2018

I thought I was buying a lightly used frameset, but it turns out that it's brand new! Once I get things sorted out with the funky PF30A bottom bracket, I'll transfer components from one of my current bikes.

For those unfamiliar, PF30A is sort of like BBRight, with 5mm extra BB shell width on the non-drive side compared to 11mm extra with BBRight. I guess that makes it sort of BBHalfRight. ;-)

I was going to use a Campy crank, but they don't make PF30A cups. Fortunately, I have a Rotor BBRight crank and I can machine a custom 6mm spacer for the non-drive side to take up the slack.

It should be a fun ride!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/19/21 4:41 PM

"BBHalfRight"

ROTFLMAO...

Somebody once told me those feel like HMX Scott Addicts. If that is true, you are in for a treat.

Goldlocks ride and stiffness

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

1/19/21 5:15 PM

I've been riding a pre-EVO Supersix Hi-Mod since 2010, which I really like, and I've heard consistently that the EVOs, particularly the second generation (2016-19) are substantial improvements in almost every respect. The handing was outstanding to begin with and didn't need improvement. They've wisely kept the geometry the same.

I could have found the 2020 frames more easily, but I really didn't want disc brakes, as I don't need them and I have lots of rim brake wheels. I'll gladly take the weight savings, too.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -