CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

CV-19 Vaccine [non political version] thread.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

12/14/20 11:13 AM

CV-19 Vaccine [non political version] thread.

I hope my lust to get this past me does not come back to bite me. ;)

I keep remembering the Will Smith 'Legend' version of the The Omega Man that begins with a Dr's press conference with the cancer vaccine. ;) The new RNA tech makes this a VG analogous thought perhaps.

I admit to the deepest paranoia that if I get Covid it will somehow permanently damage my psychology as it pertains to cycling ability. I am already living with getting slower every year from age.

I'd rather the virus take me off the planet than to live the rest of my life with severe pulmonary or cardiac residual effect. I have made it this far and still have a very healthy self with little surprises so far.

Sure make one think about their mortality. Bring on the immunity! ;) But not with the zombie effect....

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

12/14/20 12:03 PM

It seems that many people will not get the vaccine, so the virus will be around for a long time. I should be right below government officials on the list, so I plan to get the vaccine. id rather take my chances with the vaccine than Covid.

Sparky

12/14/20 12:16 PM

"id rather take my chances with the vaccine than Covid."

That is where i am as well. I want this behind me. Plus my wife will be mandated and early, where I won't. No idea what this will add to the dynamic.

dfcas

12/14/20 12:34 PM

With the explosion in cases here after Thanksgiving, my wife got called in from administration to work the Covid tent.. The hospital is at it limits and with the expected explosion after Christmas, it looks grim. Soon they will have to decide whether to give an ICU bed to an old geezer like me or to a younger patient.

Andy M-S

12/15/20 10:29 AM

I have a client (non-violent, thank you very much) in federal prison (FCI Danbury). Two weeks ago, they had three active COVID-19 cases. Yesterday it was up to 86.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that vaccination!

lrzipris

12/15/20 4:58 PM

It's a good time to update three significant documents: a will, a power of attorney, and an advanced health care directive. If you don't have them, draft them. There are state-specific forms on-line, but you will need to have the documents witnessed and notarized

Reply to topic    

Nick Payne

12/17/20 11:02 PM

One of my brothers, who lives in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, sent me a rather good German cartoon. Two test mice in a lab:

1st lab mouse: "Lässt du dich gegen Corona impfem?" (Are you getting vaccinated against Corona?)

2nd lab mouse: "Bist du verrückt? Die Versuche an Menschen laufen doch noch!" (Are you crazy? The tests on humans are still ongoing!)

Who says Germans don't have a sense of jumour?

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -