CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

The Dauphine was certainly dramatic (no spoiler)

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

8/16/20 12:36 PM

The Dauphine was certainly dramatic (no spoiler)

It seems that they managed to cram all of the drama of a 3-week tour into 5 days. If the Tour actually happens, it could well be one of the most interesting in a while. There's definitely a tectonic shift toward young talent going on.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/16/20 2:45 PM

1)No kidding
2)Hoping
3)No doubt

;)

Looking like Jumbo Visma will be quite dominant in the TDF this year, Ineos move over...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

LeeW

8/18/20 6:22 AM

I had been merely hoping to finally see a competitive Tour (which has been absent for quite a few years) and also that they don't see a spike in infections which might cause them to cancel the Tour in mid event.

Yes, JV was looking strong in the Dauphine, but they then suffered 2 significant crashes with team leaders Krijswick and Roglic. Krijswick was rumored to have suffered a partial shoulder separation and the team has kept quiet about Roglic's injuries. Remains to be seen whether these 2 crashes end up being a significant setback for JV.
If Krijswick can't go, perhaps they will put George Bennet back on the team. Can't hurt to have 3 elite climbers (Kuss, DePlus, and Bennet?) surrounding your GC guys.

I'm also not ready to write Ineos off just yet. I recall one of the early Sky-dominated TdF's where Froomey looked terrible at the end of May, but somehow pulled himself back into dominant condition by July. Who knows what "magic elixers" that Ineos has in their training bag?

Still hoping for a competitive Tour!

Reply to topic    

LeeW

8/20/20 9:16 AM

2020 TdF

Krijswick is confirmed to be out of the Tour due to shoulder separation. Laurent DePlus has been scrapped due to injuries also and Bennet placed back on the team.

Ineos has gone with the youth movement. I was not confident they would bring Froomey since he is leaving the team after this season, but did not expect Thomas to be left off.

I hope this edition can go to completion. I could use to watch some bike racing after all that has gone off.

Team Ineos
BERNAL Egan
CARAPAZ Richard
KWIATKOWSKI Michał
ROWE Luke
VAN BAARLE Dylan
SIVAKOV Pavel
AMADOR Andrey
CASTROVIEJO Jonathan

Jumbo – Visma
DUMOULIN Tom
JANSEN Amund Grøndahl
MARTIN Tony
GESINK Robert
VAN AERT Wout
BENNETT George
ROGLIČ Primož
KUSS Sepp

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -