12/12/19 6:39 AM

Wave Handlebar

Has anyone tried these?

https://www.coefficient.cc/techspecs

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

12/12/19 9:58 AM

riser bar?

It looks like a way to get a taller stack without having a taller stack. I would be worried about having my wrists at an angle like that, but then again I very rarely ride "on the tops" like that. No interest here.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/12/19 10:52 AM

I have the Condor Soma on a gravel bike. The shapes are along the same lines. Also very much like the FSA K-Wing, similarly shaped, not so exaggerated.

The FSA has a flat spot just behind the shifter that come around the bend/turn. I have found this aspect for me, makes then the most comfortable hoods position bar in my bike riding life. The muscle of my thumb on this flat spot really spreads the pressure out.

And as said re:added rise, they add I think a CM most, but taper down subtle and that lower flat spot I think makes the hood area non raised. So only raised effect when you are on the tops pretty much.

K-Wing:

Soma Condor OTOH has very short shallow drops that I can sit in all day. They angle/flare to an exact ergo angle I find just works. That bike has bar con shifters and the very short trip to the drop from the hood on bumpy stuff also seems a plus. I have version 1 of the Condors, V2 look more like the subject bar which the thread was started about, to a degree.

They both are in the goofy look for your bike, so fit in here ala hipster just fine.

Condor V1

Condor V2

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

12/12/19 12:41 PM

The Wave bar isn't designed to provide rise per se, it's meant to provide a natural wrist position when you're on the tops. From an ergonomic perspective, it seems to make a lot of sense.

The Condor 1 seems to be largely the opposite, as it appears that it would force you to ride in a thumbs-angled-down position that would rotate your elbows outward.

Like Kerry, I don't ride on the tops much, But I still find the design interesting.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -