HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

What a difference a year makes.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

11/11/19 1:04 PM

What a difference a year makes.

In messages here I have eluded to the girth loss, and how much better my bike year was for 2019 as a result.

I started 11/2018, so right at a year now. The heavy pic was in early 10/2018, I had actually gained a few more by TG to 236lb 6oz on the Doctors scale in sweats no shoes; 11/29/2018

Now I am teetering just over and under the 200 lb mark. And look like a cyclist more than I have for well over 10 years. Looks are nice, but I also am riding a lot more as well. And with a lot less stress on my body I can say. Got scant there for a few years [ahem]

I present not so fat Sparky, wearing the Strong Jersey I got with my 1st Strong frame in 2000. I have not worn it since 2006, before I broke my leg [why it looks brand new]. I gave it to my wife, and have taken it back, not colorful enough for her to wear it turned out.. ;) Been wearing XL and XXL for 10 years. This is a L 6+, so I am still a big-un, just not such a Clyde. But these do run small for the normal skinny ars cyclist generally.

My lowest after my last fast was 193lb. I may be around 195-7 lb for this pic. Not got on the scale since last time I watched the low 193 going back up toward 200. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

11/11/19 3:59 PM

Handsome devil. I seem to remember Dan Emery dropped a lot of weight also. I'm on a different insulin pump and I've lost a few grams. probably leg muscle.

Sparky

11/11/19 4:08 PM

Yeah, Dan and I kinda are in a carbon copy mode with the cardio crap. He has me hands down on surgeries and afflictions, happy to say for me anyway. ;)

Funny how ticker shit will make you sit up and take notice, and act. ;O

dan emery

11/11/19 4:11 PM

Good for you

Congrats, less weight is better than more.

Dan is right, I followed a similar trajectory. At my worst I was right about where you started. I got down to about 185 (I think I saw 180 but that was not sustained), then crept back up to around 195-200 where I am now. Part of that is less exercise after breaking stuff, part is just creep. I can and should take off another 10 or so.

Definitely rode better (when I was in shape) at the lower weight, but I didn’t ride too bad up higher (Death Ride 5 pass and Mt Washington around 225).

With conditions like you and I have, less weight helps with blood pressure which is a very good thing.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

11/11/19 6:08 PM

I've had some weird heart beats lately and I go Wednesday to get a monitor installed. My doc didnt seem to be concerned but I don't like the idea of cardiac issues.

Sparky

11/11/19 7:31 PM

"I don't like the idea of cardiac issues."

Speaks directly to ya, don't it. You getting the run away thing, or the skip/thump? The two I am familiar with. I think the best we hope for, as with me, is a benign situation.
My PVC is lower chamber and less to no chance of clotting and those breaking loose etc.
But they say anything is higher risk that is not perfect. How many sexagenarians have a perfect pump after 6+ decades of duty really? Just like it not to be too close to end of service life. ;)

KerryIrons

11/12/19 9:37 AM

Sinking

About those picture: was your weight causing you to sink into the ground? And something seems backward with that Strong jersey :)

Anyway, congrats to you.

When my kids were young and I was constantly finishing up the food they didn't eat, I was nearly 20 lb. heavier than I am now. I could still be lighter if I practiced my "push-aways" at the dinner table, but it gets harder as my weigh gets lower.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

11/12/19 11:32 AM

I have PVC so I get the skip thing and some mild dizziness.

Sparky

11/12/19 12:49 PM

The PVC bout late last summer is what got me to the cardio doc and on the treadmill test etc. I have had them since a teen, when I was put on a med which the side effect was worse than the occasional bouts, which were few and far between.

Good luck at the exam, hope fate smiles on you.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -