CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Race couch seen in Maine, news... well... now.
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

7/29/19 10:17 AM

Worth a mention, some Stans rims highest use pressures may not be optimum for road use as I recall. Shop wisely...

"Can’t think of any reason to change it."

You paid for the cushy, enjoy it!

So let's here more about RSL Cushy mode VS Checkpoint?

EDIT: Short ride approx 25 miles @ lower PSI. 70/75 PSI it is, until I pork up again maybe. ;) No squirm detected. If I get to the 185 target I am shooting for, maybe even a little less.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

7/30/19 11:20 AM

Daddy-O

I wouldn't try to convert existing wheels to tubeless unless the rims are tubeless compatible; it's a potentially dangerous practice.

Sparky covered the ins and outs pretty well. We run tubeless on all of our off-road bikes and we love them.

Linda now has one set of Stan's wheels with tubeless Maxxis Re-Fuse road tires on them. As Sparky mentioned, it took some effort to get them to seal, as they leaked along the bead slowly, but in several places on each side, even at only ~50psi. Overall, she likes the way they ride, but they're meant to be a durable tire, rather than a high-performance tire.

BTW, we tried to mount 28mm Schwalbe One tires on the Stan's wheels and it was nearly impossible to get them on, so I decided that it wasn't worth the trouble it could cause on the road. Other tires go on and off easily, so it's a good idea to check with the wheel manufacturer for tire recommendations.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/30/19 1:55 PM

Agree Brian re: tubeless rims only at road pressures. I have 43c refuse on ghetto tubeless setup, but never go past 45PSI.

Early adopters on rims seemed to have biggest challenges with tires. My v1 Pacenti SL23 tire mounting experiences I not wish on anyone.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -