HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

SRAM Force 22 Chainring Question

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sjm845

7/6/19 12:12 PM

SRAM Force 22 Chainring Question

Does SRAM make a 48 or 46t chainring for 11 speed? I have force 22 with 50/34 currently. My new Strong Frame fits great and is very stiff...but you can't have it all. It's heavy--but I knew that going in.

I spin a lot (100 rpm flat land /at least 95 on climbs if possible), am 220lbs on a good day and have some serious climbs in terms of steepness in my area (Hudson Valley NY). I've found a 48 on amazon but it's 10 speed. I think I found a 46 on jenson (https://www.jensonusa.com/SRAM-11-Speed-Chainrings-110BCD). Can I just bolt that on to my existing 34 and be good? Will I need to mess with the chain length? It should work with my Power2max Ngo since it's the same BCD. Any ideas or options?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/6/19 12:51 PM

"My new Strong Frame"

Having two currently, and having had 3 at one point... Love to see your new Strong.

I can host post a pic if you eMail it to me if you like.

"46t chainring for 11 speed? I have force 22 with 50/34 currently."

If your F_22 uses a yaw FD, I think you need to google a bunch about how changing ring will make shifting less fluid IIRC.

Also, IMO. All you will be doing is to lower each of you rear gears approx 6 GI with a 46 over a 50. You can accomplish the same thing by just using the next gear instead really. And you won't loose a top downhill gear doing so.

Unless I am mis-understanding your end goal with a 46T.

What are you using for a cassette.

Congrats on the new bike, Carl is a pleasure to work with and his skill set is as good as it gets IMO.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

sjm845

7/6/19 5:30 PM

It's new Force 22 mechanical so it does have the YAW FD. I'm running a 11/32 in the back. Like I said, I spin a ton and rarely if ever get near the 11. I can still put power down at my natural high cadence--I can easily maintain well over 90 rpm average for a 40 mile ride with 2500 feet of climbing. Would love a 12/34 in the back and 48 or 46 in the front. I'll email you some pics of the Strong.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/6/19 5:52 PM

Nice like the black gloss on black logo. Damn big head tube, how tall are you?

I see you invested in the head tube badge, bully!

sjm845

7/6/19 6:18 PM

I'm 6'2"---I went custom because I'm pretty strong at 215-235 lbs and I need that insane HT geo. Top Seat to BB is 81cm...with speedplays and 175 cranks--that's an inseam! My spine fused from a herniated disk so I can't hold a low position for long. My flexibility used to be crazy too...now I see how the other half lives. Years of BJJ haven't been kind--lol. I'm getting better though and about to flip the stem angle down now that I've hit 2K miles.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/6/19 7:45 PM

"I need that insane HT geo"

If you need it, the way I figure it you'd insane not to have it.

When did Carl finish the build and get it in your mitts?

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -