HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Exciting Tour of Yorkshire - no spoiler

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

5/5/19 11:04 AM

Exciting Tour of Yorkshire - no spoiler

It was a pretty interesting race with brutal climbing in most of the stages and a close finish for the overall. Cyclingfans.com has GCN videos of each stage that are well worth watching (today's stage may be available later, as the race just finished around 12:30 EST).

BTW, this was team Ineos' debut in their new kits. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5fwQnGXoAIugRP.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/broomwagonblog/status/1123630815190179840/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1123630815190179840&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Froad.cc%2Fcontent%2Fnews%2F259951-live-blog-team-ineos-reveal-new-kit-twitter-takes-piss-skys-farewell-vid

Too funny!!!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/5/19 1:24 PM

I find it ironic and funny the doper jersey looks like the EPO bag they get plugged into. Kinda like Amgen sponsoring sporting/endurance events...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

5/5/19 3:48 PM

That was the point. Did you look at the pictures?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/5/19 4:17 PM

Not the FB links/pics [except to see what you mean. I do not do FB in any shape/form/fashion.

But no, I did not think my idea was a revelation. ;)

It does elicit the illicit however, or at least the deep eye roll. Thanks for the post/pointing to it.

Brian Nystrom

5/5/19 5:38 PM

It was actually Twitter, but I share your sentiment; I don't have an account and don't want one.

Whoever created the comparative picture is brilliant! The similarity is so striking that it's impossible to ignore, though I imagine that the kit designer simply thought that they had created a pretty cool looking kit (and justifiably so). Now, every time I see it, I'm going to think of the blood bag and laugh. If this goes viral, I'll bet they'll end up changing kits mid-season. Can you imagine a hoard of these pictures on the side of the road in the Tour? The ASO and UCI will lose their minds!

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

5/5/19 8:49 PM

Yorkshire Friday 10th, 1:00 PM, NBCSC - Tour of CA @2:00

Sparky

5/5/19 9:04 PM

And we will be in Sacramento 5/11...

dan emery

5/6/19 4:25 PM

Old School

I’d rather go with the Kentucky Cyclist Bourbon old school doping (cross threading).

I get blood removed for hemachromatosis, and I ask if they will give me the bag so I can inject it later, but so far they’ve refused...

I think it’s unfair to criticize Amgen for sponsoring sports events. I sincerely doubt they want athletes to use their products for doping (probably .000000001% of annual sales). Their products are used for cancer treatment and they sponsor cancer support events like the Dempsey Challenge for example. Good for them. And exercise is good for health, right?

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

5/7/19 1:56 AM

"It's fine, I'll keep it in the drawer with the cold cuts."

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -