HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

OT: ghost emails in Outlook outbox

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
KerryIrons

3/13/19 5:55 PM

OT: ghost emails in Outlook outbox

A new issue has cropped up with Outlook. I use Outlook on my laptop as an IMAP server for Gmail, and all of a sudden (perhaps after an update?) I'm getting a send/receive error. When I open Outlook, it says it is trying to send two emails - like I had shut down with items in the outbox. But there's nothing in the outbox. I have a constant "send/receive error" message in the line at the bottom of the Outlook window. It will occasionally try to send one message and get the error; don't know what happens to the 2nd message that it tried to send when first opening Outlook. When shutting down Outlook it says it has to wait to send messages in the outbox. Needless to say there are never any messages stranded in the outbox. Otherwise the program is working fine with no issues.

I've tried several different fixes proposed in various online forums with zero success. These include moving the PST file and thus forcing the creation of a new one on startup, using the Cancel All button, working offline to force a message reboot, etc. No joy. It's a minor annoyance but if anybody has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Reply to topic    

Chris Klaren

3/13/19 9:59 PM

If you haven't done so already, remove the gmail account from your Outlook client and shut down Outlook. Restart Outlook and add the gmail IMAP account back to Outlook. Good luck, you seem to have tried everything else.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -