HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Shimano Cassettes good price/heads up.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/13/19 12:15 PM

Shimano Cassettes good price/heads up.

Ultegra 11 speed R8000 11-28 and smaller are $48.00 ea.

11-30-32 $54.00. I got 2, 11-28 and 11-30 free two day shipping. $101.98 total.

https://www.backcountry.com/shimano-ultegra-cs-r8000-cassette?skid=SHI00FZ-GY-S11X25&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6Y2Fzc2V0dGVzIHNoaW1hbm86MToyOmNhc3NldHRlcyBzaGltYW5v

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

stan

2/13/19 12:48 PM

That’s a good deal

I’m never prepared when that new chain causes problems. Stocking up at that price breaks that habit for me. Thanks

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

2/13/19 12:56 PM

Yeah, but they all "go to eleven".

I just received a couple of Miche Light Primato 12-32, 11-speed cassettes from Lordgun.com in Italy. Now I finally have the gearing I want on my Gravel rig.

Initial impressions:
The quality seems good, but not exceptional. The inner aluminum cog was a very snug fit on a Stan's freehub and required a bit of effort to push it on. The steel cogs were a close fit, but slipped right on. The last cog didn't initially engage with the freehub splines and I held it in place with a chain whip while I tightened the lock ring. I suspect that this is due to some molding flash on the edges of the plastic cog spacers. Before I mount the other one, I'll scrape or sand it off.

Once tightened, everything lines up perfectly and shifts nicely in the repair stand. Unfortunately, an outdoor test will have to wait due to the weather.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/13/19 1:44 PM

Yeah, but they all "go to eleven"

On the few bikes I have with big 42 or 46 I am OK with it [somewhat]

"Miche Light Primato 12-32"

Campy=$66.00 googling @ lordgun.com ? EDIT: actually $54.00 in cart.

They show a 12-27 11s, how is that for a paceline cassette? ;)

We do the '11' thing add nauseam, I know. ;)
I like my 14-28 with the Rotor Q Rings of 36/53. Probably said that a few time already.

But the 28/42 w/11-32 on the Gravel Rig is my fav in that direction. ;)

Last edited by Sparky on 2/13/19 2:09 PM; edited 1 time in total

Sparky

2/13/19 2:01 PM

"never prepared when that new chain causes problems."

Stock up on a few chains too. I measure the chain each time I de-gunk the system. Chain roller wear causes elongation which wear cogs and chain rings at a faster pace.

I got a drawer with a few new chains at any time. In fact I am using 11s chains on the 10s bikes as well.

Since I got the Lynskey with the Super Record 12-29 cassette with 6 Ti cogs... I find myself wondering how long that will be around. ;)

dfcas

2/13/19 2:20 PM

I'm still at 9 speed Shimano cassette. I was going to go to 11 speed campy cassette and Campy then announced 12 speed, tho with 11-x cassettes only in record/Super record. I'm staying at 9 speed, hoping that Campy with trickle down 12 speed to Chorus with an all steel cassettes in 12-27 and 12-29.

Shimano only has Dura Ace in 12-28, and I've had short life with DA cassettes. Ultegra proved much more durable for me.

So I'm waiting for Campy to trickle down 12 speed but I still have the brake problem. Campy only has flat mount disc brakes and my frame is IS mount. I can use Hope disc brakes or go mechanical disc/ergos or stay with canti brakes.

The bike industry has dropped me.

Sparky

2/13/19 5:05 PM

"The bike industry has dropped me."

AGAIN??

"waiting for Campy to trickle down 12 speed but I still have the brake problem. Campy only has flat mount disc brakes and my frame is IS mount."

Maybe a new flat mount frame before the trickle.... is finished trickling? ;)

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -