HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Christmas wishes

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dfcas

12/24/18 4:24 PM

Christmas wishes

Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all. I celebrated by riding the Stelvio for a while today.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

12/24/18 5:04 PM

I got a wish, I wish it was June. ;)

But Ditto

KerryIrons

12/25/18 11:15 AM

Greetings?

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my Best Wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all... and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2019, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed ,color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

Last edited by KerryIrons on 12/31/18 10:18 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

dan emery

12/25/18 12:49 PM

Mountain bike Christmas

I'm visiting my brother in New Haven and my nephew brought up 2 mountain bikes (he said they were between trail and enduro class), so we road up East Rock, combo of trails and road. I was on a YT, he had a Rocky Mountain, both dual suspension. I declined some of the gnarlier options, starting with Owen saying "I'm going to ride down these stairs." Go for it, dude.

Lots of fun though, and the bikes impressed me as very capable for rocks, roots, ruts, etc. Even when I thought a wheel might kick sideways, it really didn't. Mine had SRAM 1x12, which worked great. Drop seatpost seemed efficient, though I didn't really use it.

Upright position with almost no stem (50mm?). I'm told that's so you can hang your butt of the back for descents.

Happy Holidays all!

Reply to topic    

lrzipris

12/25/18 1:33 PM

Kerry, that made me laugh, and reminded me of a darkly satirical graphic novel, Terms and Conditions, about the Apple small print: www.drawnandquarterly.com/terms-and-conditions

Reply to topic    

April

12/29/18 5:21 AM

As been my habit of late (ok, about 5-6 years), I celebrated Christmas day skiing!(AND will do the same New Year day too) :o)

And this year, I had the unique experience of sharing a chairlift with Santa:

My friend Diane was making conversation: “Do you live around here?”

Santa: “no...”

Diane: “So where are you visiting from?”

Santa: “The North Pole”
“Well... Denver, when I’m not at the north pole”

Well, that sure made my day! :D

P. S.
We had turkey for dinner. A lot better success than this guy:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GKnIz0Rj3qg

KerryIrons

12/29/18 9:44 AM

Holiday skiing

When I was younger, skiing Xmas day was assumed - the slopes were pretty deserted. An New Years day morning was pretty uncrowded too. The days in between were the busiest of the season so we didn't ski much then.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/29/18 9:50 AM

Ahh.. the snowy days or evenings when you pretty much have the slopes to yourself. My fondest ski memories. Not skied since 2006, when I left the slopes in an ambulance. ;)

KerryIrons

12/29/18 9:52 AM

Ambulance ride

I left the slopes in an ambulance last January, and got back on the hill with my granddaughters last week. Getting back on the horse is just part of skiing (and cycling) for me.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/29/18 9:59 AM

I just decided to be finished, like I decided to sell my MC in 2015 I had since 93. I used to bounce, now I just crack. ;)

April

12/29/18 10:06 PM

“I used to bounce, now I just crack. ;) “

I think that applies to many of “our age”?

I hear so many of those I know “cracking” left and right. There seems to be a pattern.

Sparky

12/31/18 9:02 PM

I wish it was warmer today, but at least it was sunny. But the wind off the water sure refrigerates.

It was one of those days you needed to stay under 18MPH or your face hurts. I thought 41-2^ was going to feel warmer. ;)

stan

1/5/19 4:33 PM

That green with all black is really sharp. Makes me want a new bike.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -