Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Hey Dan-incoming
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/25/19 6:11 PM

"It ought to ride very nicely..."

I am hoping. With a 38mm DT, 35mm TT and 16mm chain stays my brains want to guess it will be stout.

The orig owner I got it from said this:

"I am 185lb 6 foot. The bike is a great balance of smooth and forgiving. I have a ultimate, vortex and bianchi matta Ti and I would put this as
neutral."

"smooth and forgiving" I am thinking maybe a little more so for my weight. I was 215.2 lb dressed @ the Dr. today. No hernia surgery just yet thankfully. And I am not finished loosing, I have a serious goal in mind by my 5/7 62nd b-day. If I don't die of starvation first.

Yahoo! ;)

Last edited by Sparky on 2/25/19 8:14 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

2/25/19 7:15 PM

He ought to write bike reviews

I thought smooth and forgiving were essentially the same thing...

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/25/19 8:12 PM

Ti Super ready to test ride:

He gave me the 90s bike Mag review. Maybe he inadvertently plagiarized from a thought remembered from the article. ;)

He said less filling too.

23mm Tubeless Hutchinson tires ought to tell the truth about it's ride manners. Will also test ride it with some fatties.

Tomorrow, as today is 20-30 MPH winds, although it just cracked 33^ for the afternoon high. Tomorrow is looking a balmy 40^ with single digit winds with no gusts, yada.

For those that do not know, Peeka-chew has been riding up front on more fav/used bikes for 20 years about, +/- 1-2 perhaps.

Sparky

2/26/19 5:28 PM

Wind or not, I went up the hill and back in my subdivision. Got blown all over the place too.

I will say this, it reminds me of a Steel MAX/Columbus bike I rode once. Something I had forgotten about.

Looking forward to more than a mile ride with fatties on it/ 28s instead of the 23 tubeless. Maybe I will pop on the 28 tubeless Ultegra wheels and see how I feel about keeping that fork, or getting something more forgiving... [and a threadless conversion]

Sparky

3/1/19 6:47 PM

Spent an hour out on the Ti Super. What a spectacular front end, the way I like it best. Just crazy neutral and thoughts steer it with the Wound-Up steel threaded steerer fork. It could not fit better than if I had it custom made for me too.

Sparky

3/2/19 11:33 PM

3 hours today, got deep into carving some turns. This Spectrum is like the old adage, "on rails". Get deep under the line and pop it out with accuracy and confidence.

Brian Nystrom

3/3/19 8:36 AM

OK Sparky, here's a challenge for you

Since you really like this bike, ride it for at least 6 months without changing anything. ;-)

Think you can do it?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/3/19 9:58 AM

Considering I just threw the bars with 7800 off the Reynolds 753 bike [tore down for paint] to test ride to see if I liked it. And that I have a minty 2014 SR group to put on it... Not likely to be left alone just yet.

If I did not get along with as well as it seems I will/do already, I'd have flipped it.

Once I get it all cleaned/scotch bright treated, some paint [panels] decals et al, the SR is going on.

I can say I thought originally loosing the Wound-Up. But after the rides I think it really is well matched to the Stout Super Frame.

I think once in the state planned and laid out it will in fact be left alone.

EDIT" Tom sent me the original build/order sheet.
Very low trail set up. Considering I love the front end of this bike, I may be learning something which I was not previously aware..

Sparky

3/7/19 3:59 PM

I was wrong trail was in inches. Front end is steep like a 61 CM bike would be. It is a 23.125" TT, so I guess it is a 60 pretty much.

Regarding leaving it alone. Super Record going on while I wait for my White 30mm 'SPECTRUM" DT vinyl from Tom. To go on the black Panels I just finished. And damned if I didn't put the Rainbow stripes upside down just like Walter did on his gravel bike.

And with cages and pump.

Last edited by Sparky on 3/7/19 9:50 PM; edited 2 times in total

greglepore

3/7/19 7:24 PM

Oh my...

Sparky

3/7/19 8:07 PM

You gotta love the refresh-ability of ti, citrus cleaner, scotch bright pads and Acetone. ;)

SR 80th Anniversary went on today:

I need to get a -10^ stem...

Sparky

3/13/19 6:46 PM

I was trying not to post this, else folks here might think I have a sickness or something.

Traitor Crusade SS 4130 butted disc CX/Gravel. Fit my Nano 40s with room. 45s might be too big. 47x650b hit the seat stays. but fit everywhere else. [pisshaw]

But it was cheap and was only ridden only two times. Enough times the NY Kryptonite behemoth of a lock did some chip-age on the HT and TT. Nothing some rainbow decals could not cover up. ;)

But this is fun running SS @ 60 Gear Inches. It has the ability to run gears due to dropout design, bolt on DT cable stops etc. Wheel is a 11 speed with spacers and a cog. The TRP Hylex juicy brakes are quite nice.

Acid green is good too. ;) And the bike rides nice and is just plain fun. Did I say it was fun?

Side note: Original alloy bars weighed 500grams and had more reach than I have ever seen on drop bars. Probably 4" or better. I though the bars were steel until I put a magnet on them.

50^, mostly sunny and single digit breeze, spring is upon us in the PNW. ;)

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -