HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Another Article

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lrzipris

12/6/18 8:22 AM

Another Article

Although from Australia, this article, from cyclingtips.com, is quite disturbing, a sign perhaps of internet rot: https://cyclingtips.com/2018/08/finding-mr-x/

Nick, do you know if this article is on the level?I don't know cyclingtips.com, but received the link from an Adventure Cycling email.

Reply to topic    

Nick Payne

12/6/18 1:38 PM

Yes, I saw that article, but I don't know anything about it - I'm not a member of fakebook and never look at it.

There are a fair number of drivers in Australia who are antagonistic towards cyclists. The letters to the editor page of the local newspaper regularly publishes letters with parochial whining by motorists who feel that they've been impeded by cyclists. And I'm not surprised at the vituperative nature of a considerable number of the letters as it matches the behaviour that they display on the roads. I spent six weeks cycling in Europe this year, and didn't encounter a single instance of aggression from a motorist in that time. When cycling in here Canberra it's a rare week when I don't I encounter such behaviour, ranging from the merely stupid to the deliberately dangerous.

Reply to topic    

henoch

12/6/18 3:04 PM

Cyclingtips

I can't comment on the article but overall Cyclingtips is a reliable, well established media outlet, based in Australia but with a very strong presence in the US as well,

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -