Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Oh Piano Tuner.. here piano tuner...

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

11/20/18 8:37 PM

Oh Piano Tuner.. here piano tuner...

;)

Have you tuned a Kohler and Campbell SKV-430 Console upright? Have an opinion as to how much it cost to tune a 42" console and if these are decent. There is one sitting in front of as I type this I procured for my kid.

Ciao

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

11/20/18 8:59 PM

Me? I probably have but honestly I don’t pay attention to model numbers. K&C are middle class pianos and as long as it is a console and not a spinet it should be fine. Consoles are about 43” tall.

I charge $150 pLus tax for a basic tuning where the piano can be tuned to standard a-440 pitch in a single pass tuning. If it is way flat it would require a pitch raise tuning which would cost a little extra. I’m probably a little high for West Virginia but probably about the national average.

Sparky

11/20/18 9:10 PM

Cool thanks. I was hoping it was a studio, but next shortest type. A lot of solid oak on it, very little veneered panels which I expected it to be mostly.

Got it for the cost of moving it here, $80.00. Looks barely used, and live in a nice clean environment judging by the minute dust clumpage.

Has a nice punchy tone to my ear.

dfcas

11/20/18 9:18 PM

$0 is the most common price of newly acquired pianos around here. Cost of moving only. If you have to move it again look at Enrick roll or Kari dollies which are usually available at tool rental places. They are really best for organs but work ok on upright pianos if you don’t need ro bridge more than 3 steps at a time.

I have a set for my Hammond because I was able to buy them wholesale.

Sparky

11/20/18 10:40 PM

how is that grinder and leslie doing, have do any amp work at all?

dfcas

11/21/18 12:25 PM

No problems at all, but I'm only using the organ preamp, not the power amp or the reverb amp. When I used the organ amp, it was dirty but I don't know if it was the amp or the speakers, which were original.

I connected to the Leslie directly off the preamp. Thats why the the A100 is considered a 3 series organ , because its the same as a c3 or B3 in that respect.

I've had 2 clone keyboards and they sound OK until I fire up the organ and leslie. It just blows them away. I jammed with some guys and although the clones sound fine, I thought it would be nice to use the organ and leslie. Oh to be young and foolish again. Now I'm old and foolish.

Sparky

11/21/18 1:04 PM

I have a custom git amp made with an Hammond 035 chassis and Iron, quite possibly the same amp in your units, or very close.

Your 3 is stripped down for gig/transport,yes?

My amp is made to exact spec as the original Dr Z Ghia. Referred to as my Hammond Ghia.

That amp in your unit most certainly needs new electrolytic caps I'd wager.

dfcas

11/21/18 3:03 PM

yes, the AO35 is the reverb amp in my organ and is the one used to make guitar amps.

My organ is not chopped for travel. it is in original form. The A100 is popular because it is a little narrower than B,C-3 s and will fit thru doors that those won't. It is also a little lighter due to the smaller , thinner cabinet. It still weighs about 380 pounds with bench and pedals, where the B-3 weighs maybe 425 and the C-3 maybe 475.

If I were to gig with it I may remove the power and reverb amp, and the 3-12" speakers. May get 50 pounds off of it but honestly I'll never gig with it.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -