HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

WNBA Playoffs

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

8/27/18 1:22 PM

WNBA Playoffs

Watching the WNBA Playoffs yesterday. Fantastic - 4 evenly matched teams, each loaded up with great players.

And another nice note - Seattle's amazing Breanna Stewart was named the league MVP yesterday, and also had a great game. In the interview afterward, they showed the backs of her shoes, emblazoned "VOTE ASAP"

Receiving the MVP Award, her remarks included this:

“This year in particular for me is a story of transformation and introspection. From MeToo to equality, finding my voice and elevating my game has been intertwined in my journey. My hope is as a country we can do the same thing. Voter registration and voting has never been more important. You can see my shoes. That’s why I’m excited to have this opportunity to accept this award while representing ‘When We All Vote.’ The Nike shoes I’m wearing tonight were customized by a local artist Aramis Hamar and together we have joined forces to represent the local athletes and artists communities and to call on our fans in Seattle and beyond to get registered and vote this November. If I’ve learned one thing on this journey it’s that accomplishments lies on the other side of challenge and today we are facing the biggest challenge of our lives. I hope you’ll join me in this movement and forge a path to something better."

Pretty cool, IMHO

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -