HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Arctic Tour of Norway

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Nick Payne

8/20/18 2:45 AM

Arctic Tour of Norway

Anyone been watching this? Good Eurosport coverage, and the racing (and scenery) have been excellent. The wind really blew on stage 2, and echelons were forming all over the place as the road wound back and forth and up and down over a landscape totally devoid of trees. At one point the bunch (what was left of it) were cruising at almost 70kph along a flat section of road with a tailwind, and a few kilmetres later they were plugging straight into the wind at only just over 25kph. Stage 3 had what must be the lowest KoM in any race anywhere - it starts at over 200m below sea level in the middle of the North Cape Tunnel, and finishes at the tunnel exit at about 20m elevation. The stage also finished at what must be the most appropriately named town anywhere to host a cycle race finish - Hammerfest.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

8/21/18 10:25 AM

I caught some of it a couple of days ago, but the live feed died with 5K to go and I was left hanging. Cyclingfans.com has extended videos from GCN for each stage, so I may check it out.

Reply to topic    

henoch

8/21/18 11:28 AM

I was following the Colorado race which was going on at the same time, but this sounds pretty cool, I will try and find some replays.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -