Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Has Lance Armstrong Finally Come Clean?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Jesus Saves

7/27/18 9:38 AM

Has Lance Armstrong Finally Come Clean?

Has Lance Armstrong Finally Come Clean? - Freakonomics Radio

I'm a subscriber to Freakonomics radio and listen to the podcast interview with Lance A on the drive to work this morning. I think it is an interesting listen. In particular, the part that picqued my interest was the talk about the business side of professional cycling.

For all those haters of LA (understandable), he comes off (less) douche-y and I would think the interview will be a somewhat tolerable listen for such folk.

I read a recent article that mentions he is pulling in 7 figures annually with his two podcasts.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/27/18 12:09 PM

Clean? He is permanently embalmed pretty much on several levels... pretty much.

LA: [paraphrasing] "Drugs that are undetectable, err 'Drug', we are talking about one drug, EPO".

Oops

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

henoch

7/27/18 1:09 PM

I love his podcast's just sayin.

Reply to topic    

greglepore

7/28/18 7:06 AM

Its not a popular opinion in cycling circles, but Lance finally gets it, I think. He talked during an NPR interview (1A) about his ah ha moment. Talking to a former Livestrong staffer, she told him that the party line of defending him from accusers had made her feel "complicit" in his dishonesty, not disappointed. Armstrong went on to explain that that seemed orders of magnitude worse than disappointed-and that he realized that many of his fans that had defended him felt the same way. It caused him to reexamine his behavior wrt to those that were not directly the object of what he admits was his "dickishness".

I think he gets it. I think he's contrite. There are those that look at his wealth and lifestyle and think that he needs to suffer more for redemption. I personally don't, he doesn't need to take some vow of poverty. He's come to terms.

Sparky

7/28/18 8:48 AM

what he admits was his "dickishness"

I wonder if Betsy, Frankie, and Ema and close 'others' think him using the 2 cent word "dickishness" when a $4.00 word is selling it short? Betting not.

One day when the next 2008 financial debacle goes all the way, folks will learn. There will be all the folks you screwed, or all the folks you helped left standing. Lance is going to be a target by his own making until he croaks, and be standing alone.

I can't hear his name or voice with out getting that sinking feeling of what a colossal scum bag 'threw and threw' he is. [Edit: oops]

Having said all that, it really does not take away too much, the years enjoying watching cycling while he was the king of the roost. Can't argue what the LA circus did for cycling in the US overall.

And the UCI can pull him from the books all they want. I watched him for too many years, and yes enjoyed the show to just erase what I watched happen.

Example for me why I stopped listening to the above cast when he in short order got to his own mouth output putting him into the usual divisiveness mode.

It might sound like I give more of a shit than I like to think I do. ;) My wife OTOH, would join any dart game with his face on the dart board. The Quintessential Libra. ;)

Coffee, sorry.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -