CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Bar swap for more hand positions experiment.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

5/29/18 9:40 PM

Bar swap for more hand positions experiment.

OK, this worked out better than expected on the road.

Occurred to me to try these on the Strong for long range road mode. Originally for a go fast bike. The position enhancement is more conducive for speed even on the adventure bike.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

6/2/18 6:55 PM

Well, this worked very well for me on the areo bar front. Did a metric century today, and the extra hand positions helped 100%.

It was 78^ and breezy, and I totally missed on the electrolyte balances. It did not help I relied on the club for the powder mix in which previous years were supplied in ample portions to mix you own. Instead only making it in coolers so weak as to be useless. I was eating cal mag tabs like candy the last 10 miles, and dug into a plate of potato chips upon completion for the salt.

I have become rusty and unprepared for this ride duration it seems.

I volunteer for the checking riders in process for the club on this annual event. Starts 6 miles from my house at the boondocks fairground. I was told the ridership/participation is continually going down even though membership is up. Like 1000+ 3 years ago then 5##, 4##, and less than 300 this year.

Folks out riding their gravel bike? The guy at the Bike Gallery [biggest Trek dealer 6 locations here] booth told me the Trek Gravel Checkpoint has left the Domane in the dust in sales. And they can't get them in as fast as they can sell them.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -