HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Armstrong Settles Lawsuit

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tom Price

4/19/18 3:42 PM

Armstrong Settles Lawsuit

We haven't had a thread about Lance in a long time. Lance's $100M lawsuit for defrauding the Postal Service was scheduled to start May 1st. Today he settled for $5M plus a cut for Landis.

https://usat.ly/2HOTJCE

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

4/19/18 4:59 PM

Sound decision

So Lance pays a total of $6.65 million and Phloyd gets a total of $2.75 million (minuus legal fees, costs, etc). I think Lance was well advised to stay away from a jury on this one.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

4/19/18 5:10 PM

So was it a net gain or loss?

henoch

4/19/18 8:26 PM

Gain for Floyd....

Reply to topic    

Sparky

4/19/18 9:32 PM

Ironically, FL will use some of the LA Settlement money to his own fraud case when he took moneys for the Floyd Fairness Fund.

The fund was established in 2007 to "support Floyd Landis against unsubstantiated doping allegations," among other things, federal prosecutors noted. But the federal government considered it fraud after he too confessed to doping, in 2010.

henoch

4/20/18 7:07 AM

Look I am no Lance fan boy, but if ever there was a case of the pot calling the kettle....
I'm still waiting for my $20 back from Floyd.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

4/20/18 4:51 PM

Feesible settlement

Lance of course also had to pay his lawyers, and no way of knowing what that is, but I expect it's HUUUUGE. I think he had very good, expensive lawyers and they had to put in a ton of time.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

4/22/18 10:25 AM

Tour de Pharmacy

Lance Armstrong content.

Mockumentary / 39 minutes / not recommended / I couldn't finish a fourth of it. The cable company is wrapping up a free week of access to premium content. I ran across this in a search for "Tour de."

It's a fictionalization of the 1982 TdF. It actually starts off kind of funny where the race leader has a massive coronary at the top of a descent and no one noticed he was dead because he was in a tuck. After a few minutes it becomes comedy for comedy writers and I gave up. Comedy for comedy writers can get really dark and over the top.

What held my interest the longest was it has some archival flashes of what may well be the 1982 peloton, lots of TI/Raleigh red-yellow-black jerseys.

Lance Armstrong has a major role as an anonymous inside source talking about doping. Kevin Bacon, Jeff Goldblum and maybe another cameo or two. John Cena is one of the racers. Yeah, John Cena, a WWE wrestler mocking drugs in sports. Wikipedia has an article

My takeaway is people who hate bike racing and think it's full of dopers will turn the channel about the same time as people who like the sport. It's really trying to provoke a reaction, trolling I guess.

Sparky

4/22/18 10:27 AM

Yeah, I tried to watch that.

PLee

4/23/18 7:12 AM

Lance's best defense was that the USPS got a lot more in value than they paid for. In this lawsuit, the USPS could prove fraud but couldn't prove damages. I suspect they didn't cover their legal fees in this settlement.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -