HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Killer Deal on light, tubeless rims & a 'cross bike

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

1/21/18 11:11 AM

Killer Deal on light, tubeless rims & a 'cross bike

While searching for rims to build Linda some tubeless wheels for her new 'cross/gravel bike, I stumbled across this deal on Stan's Iron Cross 24 hole, 385-gram rims:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222505014254

Even with the somewhat steep shipping from the UK, we got 6 for around $41 each, compared to the typical retail of $88. Stan's site also has them on sale for $48, plus shipping.

They're not particularly Aero, but they're light and they work well with tires up to 40mm (I haven't tried anything larger).

Stan's has the 32 hole version on sale for ~$60. Now, if I could only find a deal on the 28 hole version, which are currently full price.

BTW, Linda's new bike is a Cannondale SuperX Team, an ex-pro bike from The Pro's Closet. It looks like it was barely used at all (pit bike, perhaps?) and she got it for $5000 off the crazy retail price of $8500. It's the same price as their current Force 1 bike that she was planning to buy, but it's got Zipp 303's and a couple of other upgrades. I guess that's the advantage of being petite, there's not much of a resale market for high-end 46cm bikes.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -