HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

The Icebox
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
greglepore

1/3/18 9:14 AM

And you guys in New England get to brace for the bomb: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/01/02/monster-storm-to-blast-east-coast-before-polar-vortex-uncorks-tremendous-cold-late-this-week/?utm_term=.6bc49917e742

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

1/3/18 10:48 AM

Ayuh

We're supposed to get 6-12" tomorrow with wind, then down to -20F Sunday morning.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/3/18 10:54 AM

Whew/Eesh!

dfcas

1/3/18 11:44 AM

Trump already fixed global warming.

Sparky

1/3/18 11:53 AM

He will either fix, or take credit for all manor of things... What the definition of 'fix' is in eventuality is the real question.

Anyone seen the Trumpybear commercial yet. It came on last night and I totally thought it was a Colbert segue intro.

I shook my head [much like I do every time I think of DT as POTUS] once I realized it is an actual product offering...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

I'd get a few and publish a youtube Trumpybear skeet shoot fest if I did not have so many bike parts to use the coin on.

Tom Price

1/3/18 5:09 PM

Looked at the youtube video, I thought at first it was a clip from Saturday Night Live.

dfcas

1/3/18 5:48 PM

I thought trumpbear was a joke but they seem to have a website. 4-6 weeks so it seems they are made to order.)

Probab;y made in China.

Sparky

1/3/18 6:47 PM

In the mean time Manafort thinks filing lawsuit(s) against the DOJ, Rosenstein, and Mueller is a solution to his legal woes. I guess he consulted TrumpyBear Attorney @ La...ugh.

Steve B.

1/4/18 12:00 PM

@Dan, better stock up on the wood, you’re going to get hammered.

We went from a forecast initially of 1-3 inches, then it was 3-6, now this afternoon it’s 12-18. Then really cold for 2 more days,

Reply to topic    

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

1/4/18 12:15 PM

Latest forecast

https://youtu.be/Y784K9AXlks

Reply to topic    

dan emery

1/4/18 12:33 PM

In the middle of it

We're getting it pretty good now, supposed to get 10-12" today with lots of wind, then the temp plummets to -20F. I got to the office and got some stuff done this morning, now am home for the duration (of today anyway). Most stuff shut down.

Funny you should mention wood. I have a wood cook stove and plenty of wood, the problem is the stove has a small firebox so I need to split the wood pretty fine, which I am unable to do now due to both the aneurysm and my broken arm. But fortunately my assistant's husband came over and split a bunch, so I'm OK. I compensated him with beer.

Could be some interesting below 0 snowshoeing this weekend!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/4/18 1:10 PM

I miss these events, been years since I have enjoyed it. Working from home mostly for decades makes for non issue mostly as far as having to travel. And most of my appointments when back in NJ would get canceled with onsets such as this. I had 5 mile most to a client, the folks I worked with, some traveled up to 2 hours to get there... So full sympathy for those who have to commute any distance.

I can of course drive to Mt Hood to play in snow as an option. Just have not done it yet...

You east coasters stay safe out there!!

Try to have some fun on Dagobah...

EDIT: While on my ride yesterday I realized I shoulda said Hoth, not Degobah. My Star Wars is rustly, or rather my brain?

Last edited by Sparky on 1/5/18 2:28 PM; edited 1 time in total

dan emery

1/5/18 2:20 PM

So far so good

We got about a foot of snow yesterday with strong wind, but the lights stayed on which was the main concern. The weekend forecast has warmed up a bit with a low of -14F, but we've already seen worse than that.

Reply to topic    

Nick Payne

1/5/18 7:36 PM

At the moment, we're at the other end of the temperature scale - 37C today and 39C tomorrow. And being at 2000' altitude, we don't get the worst of the heat - some of the surrounding towns at lower altitude are forecast to hit 45C this weekend.

Reply to topic    

dddd

1/6/18 12:43 AM

We're getting our first rain here in weeks after a very dry December.

Temps have been running 60/40F so perfect riding weather sans jacket if I simply pre-warm myself on the stationary trainer for ten minutes or so.

But this is central CA, not the east coast I am talking about. Draught here is a much bigger concern than cold and snow. With a well-insulated house one can achieve a very low utility bill with some restraint on usage.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

1/7/18 10:38 AM

Warming trend

-12F this am. I went out snowshoeing with a friend at 9, -7F, when we got back it was up to 8. No more subzero on the horizon, by Thursday it should be in the 40s.

My brother's wife emailed from North Carolina where it was 2, gotta think they don't see that often.

Reply to topic    

Matthew Currie

1/10/18 4:21 PM

I spent from Dec. 26 to Jan 6 in Costa Rica and Panama. It rained a lot. Nice, warm, lush green rain! Nyah Nyah!

OK, I'm back in Vermont, missing the parrots and monkeys, but at least I got away from the cold for a little while.

Reply to topic    

henoch

1/10/18 4:34 PM

That sure sounds nice, were you on the Caribbean coast if CR?.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -