CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Shit house, shit hole; Lets call the whole thing off...
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

1/16/18 12:09 PM

Shit house, shit hole; Lets call the whole thing off...

Read this while ear worming 'If I only had a brain/WizOz' music pretending DT has the grey matter capacity over the insult capacity of the Shit-* comment.

Why are some Trump allies arguing that POTUS said "shithouse" rather than "shithole"? Some Rs say "shithouse countries" refers to poor countries w/no plumbing -- places where u have to walk out to the shithouse -- and therefore the phrase is NOT racist.
— Scott Wong (@scottwongDC)

#therealshithead

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

walter

1/16/18 12:29 PM

its their strategy

to waste time and cycles debating non-value-added sh!t to create noise and distract from how 45 and his GOP flunkies are driving our country into a sh!thole.

Sparky

1/16/18 12:36 PM

"driving our country into a sh!thole."

We even lost some points according to the Freedom House's Freedom in the World 2018. To make your point, unless it is fake new of course. Some how my bet is it isn't.

This is the one of the foremost cases my eldest kid was making about DT getting in last year.

April

1/16/18 1:17 PM

quote:
driving our country into a sh!thole

Who's doing the driving being the real question!

In a democracy, the "representatives" are just that. Not self-appointed "leaders" as in authoritarian ruled countries.

Sparky

1/16/18 1:44 PM

"Not self-appointed "leaders" as in authoritarian ruled countries."

For me it is more now that he is in, regardless of the process that got him in. Although I am sure being a/the king of his empire of authoritarian rule we can guess as to his take on leading and the legislative portion something he be fine with removing.

How much blame can be assigned to DT for the non Supreme CT appointment for a year? And things like the tax bill being inked behind closed doors with only one party with the pens. This to me is not democracy.

I forget which 'bills' got done this way while the DEMs had the majorities. Happy to be reminded, there is no way they don't exist.

stan

1/16/18 10:19 PM

An old Maryland governor got into trouble when he referred to part of the state as “the shithouse side.” That was the eastern shore he described and said it’s without plumbing and people used outhouses. Naturally that didn’t go over very well

Reply to topic    

Matthew Currie

1/16/18 11:22 PM

I wonder if the fine folks of the Eastern Shore got rid of their shithouses before or after they got rid of segregation and committing demonstrators against it for mental illness. Nothing wrong with a well dug twoholer as long as you don't have to share it with a you know what.

Reply to topic    

April

1/17/18 7:24 AM

I’m surprised at the fuss made about this comment.

Didn’t he made much worse comment? Mexicans are rapists etc. That’s what many in this country think! And he just spoke it out loud. I mean, even many Latino (in Florida) voted for him, providing the crucial vote to win.

Why are people so shocked about the shithole comment? Why? I don’t quite understand. It’s nothing new...

Steve B.

1/17/18 8:59 AM

I think the concern of the shithole comment is he's now President and you would think would have developed an understanding that in that position, the choice of words matter far more than they do when you are a candidate, forgetting that all the racism, bigotry, sexism, etc... as a candidate, were perfectly acceptable to those who voted for him.

His temper tantrum with NK has brought us closer to nuclear war then at any time in my life, excepting the Cuban Missile Crisis. That's far more concerning then his potty mouth. Hopefully the DoD and military have him pegged for a nut job and will refuse orders when they know they are likely the decisions of a mentally deranged individual.

Reply to topic    

Matthew Currie

1/17/18 9:40 AM

Of course it's not reasonable to be shocked by the racism and stupidity and nastiness of any comment by Trump after all this time, but I think some are shocked by his apparent inability to regulate what he says at all.

What shocks me worse is the toadying of the Trump supporters who would rather suggest that they were asleep at the meeting, or perhaps knitting or playing with their phones, or perhaps are just completely incompetent imbeciles, and now cannot recall what was said. After all, why would one be expected to remember what was said at a meeting with the president? Gee, I dunno. He said some stuff but I wasn't really listening. And why would a national security adviser be expected to know what a Norwegian is? Jeez, cut 'em some slack, it's a long day. It's all fake news anyway.

Reply to topic    

April

1/17/18 12:11 PM

I for one, are not shocked at his comments. I'm just not quite understanding the all of a sudden focus on something I thought is a foregone conclusion.

I don't know if he a outright racist. But he's made it very clear racism is perfectly acceptable. After Charlottsville, does anyone still have doubts?

As for the expectation of him behaving differently as a president, I have to say that's NOT what he's about. He came to the presidency to "shake up" the way things are being done. So no, the last thing he would do is play the same old game the same old way the "establishment" has been playing!

If anything, I was disappointed with Obama that he too, was elected with an overwhelming support to inject some new life into the staled political process. He played nice and got little done in those long 8 years. Now, that mandate for change in passed onto Trump's hand. You or I may or may not like his policy. But the mandate for change is what got him elected.

So, if you didn't vote for him, toss your "hope" into the trash can that he would behave "more presidential". Those who had voted for him, YOU ASKED FOR IT! Now live with the consequence of your decision and STOP MOANING.

Sparky

1/17/18 12:54 PM

Perhaps some prospective on 'got little done in those long 8 years'. A google of Obama Administration accomplishments nets a fair list.

Although I have no argument for the OB 'Status Quo' opinion mostly...

On the first issue, just to interject what seems substantive [Not fanboying, else I'd just post the entire list] to me in terms of 'accomplishment' with what OB started with:

-Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years, not to mention Signed Dodd-Frank.

And this one sticks out in my mind:

-Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

And maybe this one:

-Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans.

Or even:

-Ended the war in Iraq
-Saved the U.S. auto industry.

_________
As far as;

"tantrum with NK has brought us closer to nuclear war then at any time in my life, excepting the Cuban Missile Crisis"

Give it some time....

Sparky

1/17/18 1:10 PM

I think the 'MOANING' fits under the 1st amendment. And we're apt to see it over and over, we are in fact. Just like folks saying stop moaning about it.

It seems just as likely that neither telling folks to stop moaning, or capitalizing it, is going to actually stop it for the duration.

Last edited by Sparky on 1/17/18 5:13 PM; edited 1 time in total

Brian Nystrom

1/17/18 4:13 PM

Is he a racist? Perhaps not.

If you think about it, he has no respect for anyone and seems perfectly fine with insulting everyone . He's essentially a "universal bigot" or an "equal-opportunity abuser". If your ox hasn't been gored yet, just wait, it eventually will be.

Reply to topic    

walter

1/17/18 9:01 PM

45's actions and words show him to qualify....

....comfortably as a racist. among other terrible things.

calling him a universal bigot is weak, like when 45 made his "on many sides" comment about c-ville.

walks like a duck...

Brian Nystrom

1/18/18 6:46 AM

My point is...

...that he doesn't exhibit bigotry toward any specific group, everyone is a target of opportunity for him.

Don't misunderstand, Walter, I'm not defending him in any way. I'm just pointing out that he makes what could be construed as racist/sexist/ageist/etc. remarks about any person/group/organization he has any form of conflict with. He's just an asshole, plain and simple.

Reply to topic    

walter

1/18/18 7:31 AM

"He's just an asshole, plain and simple."

spot on! lets not forget the incompetence aspect, too.

in my world, racist are a special kind of asshole...so i tend to get persnickety about statements or positions that might dilute or diffuse sentiment toward them.

Sparky

1/18/18 8:48 AM

Lets throw this out there on the racist front. His past DEM to GOP hopping was soon after OB became POTUS and his birther crap ensued. There was some hop/scotch to non party registration, “I do not wish to enroll in a party”.

IME, the pure racist was chilled to the core that a black person held the highest office in the land. A lot of folks, including me, feel DT is core racist. Look at his history regarding early NYC tenements.

Back to party affiliations, the two and fro DEM/GOP/NONE/GOP... It seen obvious he didn't like the direction of 'our country'. You can't take it away from him that he did something about it, baring his personal techniques/methodology. He IS one of those special kinds of scumbags. But how is that for putting your money where your mouth is?

I wondered early on if that wasn't actually an asset for the job frankly. I honestly think he could be more effective if he hit it a decade early. Before his brain aged quite so much.

We could all sent some cookie jars for the oval office:

Matthew Currie

1/18/18 10:27 AM

While I'm quite in agreement that Trump is an asshole and worse, in all sorts of ways, I think it's still reasonable to point out that his longstanding record starting from his actions as a landlord and extending to the present marks him as a racist. After all, though it's easy enough to say all racists are scum, the reverse is not always true. It matters what you throw into the pot even if it's a pisspot to start with.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

1/18/18 10:29 AM

Actually he meant it as a compliment

As in "built like a brick sh*thouse" which means sturdy and solid. Hey, I could spin this better than Team Trump....

It is true that no one should be surprised at anything he says, and his base loves statements like this, but I think the mind numbing repetition is alienating some of the non-hardcore who voted for him because they thought they wanted a change, any change.

My best guess is that he will serve 4 years, but not be reelected. But that's just a guess.

Reply to topic    

walter

1/18/18 2:01 PM

if the economy is doing OK

i think he'll make it 8. unless of course something happens with russia-gate or some other nefarious activity is unearthed.

Sparky

1/18/18 3:47 PM

And the EMY goes to:

DT gives 1st place fake news awards to Op-Ed Columnist.

Hey Don. Unless I am very confused, Op-Ed columnist=editorializing. Journalist=Reporting News, fake or otherwise.

Matthew Currie

1/18/18 7:10 PM

So is it a surprise that a person who cannot tell the difference between truth and lies, knows nearly nothing about nearly everything, and learns even less, cannot tell the difference between news and opinion? We've entered the age in which truth is an opinion.

Reply to topic    

April

1/18/18 7:17 PM

“they thought they wanted a change, any change. “

Quite! Any change!!!

They thought it couldn’t get any worse. Now they see it could.

What will they do? Admit they made a mistake? That’s hard for anyone. Much worse for those weak in character.

henoch

1/19/18 8:59 AM

4 more years

@Walter, I don't think he will get elected again.
While I think his core base still loves him (scary), my belief is that many democrats just didn't vote because they weren't all that enthused by Hillary, and also didn't believe that agent orange could win.
But I think there will be a big turnout in 2020 as many voters will be taking nothing for granted.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -