HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Giro in Israel...part 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Marc N.

11/30/17 9:53 AM

Giro in Israel...part 2

The Giro released yesterday the map of all the routes, and for the TT in Jerusalem they wrote "West Jerusalem." Well, if anyone thinks that that will fly with our present government, they are greatly mistaken. Our minister of sport and culture, the dictionary definition of a political hack, immediately reacted and said if they don`t alter what is written on the map, there will be no official support of the Giro. They (the Giro) are going to regret their decision to start in Israel, and I wouldn`t be surprised if they change their decision. I`ve said all along, that I`ll believe it when I see it.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

11/30/17 10:02 AM

Doesn't seem surprising, and I bet you are spot on...

PLee

11/30/17 10:44 AM

The Giro has deleted all references to West Jerusalem. That didn't take long . . .

Reply to topic    

Rickk

12/1/17 7:06 AM

No entiendo. What's the big deal referring to a bike race route as taking place in"west Jerusalem"?

Reply to topic    

Marc N.

12/1/17 8:25 AM

As far as the present regime is concerned, there is no East or West Jerusalem, but only an undivided Jerusalem which is the capitol of Israel. To be perfectly honest, there is a relatively large part of the country, even those not attached to the right but more center, that isn`t willing to relinquish any control over Jerusalem. Only those on the left, including yours truly, are willing to give over parts of the city. It is a serious stumbling block (as if there aren`t enough), which will have to be dealt with only after everything else is taken care of. Every President has said he will move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, but when confronted with the reality of the Middle East, realize that it would be a mistake. I really hope that Trump will backtrack from the promise.

Rickk

12/2/17 1:34 PM

Got it.
Thanks for explaining Marc.

Reply to topic    

lrzipris

12/9/17 12:45 PM

Marc, I don't know precisely where you are, but I hope you are all right.

Reply to topic    

Marc N.

12/9/17 9:56 PM

Thanks for asking

Me and my family are up by the Sea of Galilee in the north, in a rural area of the country, populated by kibbutzium and moshavium. It isn`t quite as bad as it seems on the news as most of the country isn`t affected by what is going on.
Btw, I`ll take advantage of this opportunity to ask if you knew C. Kritz when you worked for Philly? Always been meaning to ask.

lrzipris

12/13/17 6:55 AM

Marc, I don't know C. Kritz. As you can imagine, Philly is a big universe, and as a public defender doing indigent criminal defense, my sense of it was fairly limited to the world of cops and robbers.

Reply to topic    

Marc N.

12/13/17 9:56 AM

Oh well

Thanks. Cheryl was the chief deputy city solicitor so I thought that maybe your paths crossed..

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -