HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Indoor trainer soon: New, HD open source software

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Rickk

10/21/17 8:11 AM

Indoor trainer soon: New, HD open source software

Even though it's been an absolutely stunning autumn in Quebec & the north eastern USA so far, inevitably it'll get much colder and snowy in a couple of months.

For me, besides x-country skiing or snow shoeing, Zwift helps maintain fitness (with less boredom) if indoor on trainer.

Has anyone had any experience w Big Ring VR? Relatively new, open source, HD vids of some classic Euro climbs, and apparently it can link to Strava.
Sounds awesome, what's there not to like?
I'll try to set it up eventually and throw it into the ski/zwift/snow shoeing etc winter rotation.
Will post back after trying it out a few times.

https://bigringvr.com/index.aspx

Reply to topic    

dfcas

10/21/17 10:14 AM

I use an iPad to control my Tacx neo Smart and it seems they don't have an IOS app, only windows and Mac OS. I don't have a laptop, so I can't try it. Overall though, it looks similar to the videos I get from Tacx.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

sanrensho

10/21/17 4:39 PM

Too bad it doesn't support either of my trainers (Lemond Revolution and Cycleops PowerBeam).

Depending on your setup, you might look into RoadGrandTours, which is also in free beta.

This year I've switched from Rouvy (Cycleops VirtualRiding) to Sufferfest and am thoroughly enjoying SUF, enough to shell out for the annual subscription. The new 4DP metric seems useful as well as being the hardest test I have ever done.

Reply to topic    

Rickk

10/21/17 6:26 PM

A couple of guys in our group subscribed to Sufferfest last winter...all i can say is that they thoroughly enjoy it and have inproved significantly on the road this summer

Reply to topic    

sanrensho

10/22/17 1:16 AM

If you're even remotely interested, the Sufferfest app is free to try for the first 7 days (no cc registration required).

Reply to topic    

henoch

10/24/17 9:12 AM

I was going to check it out until I saw that it won't work with the PowerBeam, that is what I use as well.

Reply to topic    

greglepore

10/26/17 7:32 AM

Cool. I've been buying Veloreality vid's to augment Ergovideo workouts, will try this until its a pay portal then decide...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -