HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Stage 12 SPOILER

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

7/13/17 9:19 AM

Stage 12 SPOILER

Long wait for a 16% .2-3k race up that wall. I thought a few of them would come to momentary stops at the top/bottom of the pedal strokes.

TDF or Hunger Games? ARU looks mighty hungry. ;)

My question is; Landa was trying to deprive ARU of bonus points leaving Froome behind, yes?

Now we will see how ARU likes the weight of the Yellow Jersey.

Watch for Uran I am thinking...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

henoch

7/13/17 9:36 AM

I am pretty sure that Aru will LOVE the weight of the yellow jersey.

As for Landa, as steep as those last 200 meters were I don't think that any pulling would have helped.
Also Landa is out of contract at the end of the year so he might be riding for a new contract.
Reports were that he didn't want to ride the Tour but wanted to focus on the Vualta but Sky forced him to ride the Tour

Last edited by henoch on 7/13/17 9:39 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/13/17 9:38 AM

Until the weight has Froome get it back that is. ;)

Funny, I am a glass is 1/2 full guy with most things, just not that apparently. ;O

Brian Nystrom

7/14/17 6:07 AM

The question for Aru is not about himself...

...it's about whether his team is up to the task. They looked pretty bedraggled when they rolled in yesterday and they'll have a lot of work ahead of them to defend the jersey. If Sky puts Landa in a break today, Astana will be forced to set the pace all day. Other teams with riders within 5 minute or so of the lead would be smart to try to get them into a break. If Astana cracks, things could get really interesting.

The one bright spot is that Aru has gotten where he is without a huge amount of support from his team. He's basically been Froome's shadow and that might be his only path to victory, stick to Froome, then gain time with well-placed attacks at the end of stages. He's probably going to need a couple of minutes to have any chance of surviving the TT, so unless Froome is unable to recover, it seems unlikely.

I agree that Uran is a man to watch and Bardet is looking quite strong, too. Hopefully, they'll make this a real race all the way to Paris for a change. If Astana, Cannondale and AG2R cooperate against Sky for a few stages, there's no telling what could happen.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

7/14/17 6:48 AM

Bastille Day benevolence?

blurb from Cyclingnews:
After initially saying that it would not go back on the decision to punish Rigoberto Uran (Cannondale-Drapac) and George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo), the UCI has done just that. Uran and Bennett were handed 20-second penalties for taking bidons in the final 20 kilometres of stage 12 of the Tour de France. However, stage winner Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale) escaped any punishment for the same offence. Rather than handing a further penalty to Bardet, the UCI has decided not to punish anybody.
/sarcasm <---<<<edit, I'm with you Brian!

Last edited by daddy-o on 7/14/17 8:54 AM; edited 2 times in total

Brian Nystrom

7/14/17 8:12 AM

No, it's more like...

...French nationalism rearing its ugly head again. First it was Demare, then Bouhanni and now Bardet. It really couldn't be much more obvious, blatant or disgusting.

Reply to topic    

Marc N.

7/14/17 10:42 AM

Not quite

It seems Bardet took from a spectator while the other two from a representative of a team.They changed the decision without regard to Bardet....at least this is what they said on Eurosport.

henoch

7/14/17 10:52 AM

Team Guy?

Are you sure Marc? I watched the video and the guy in the white tshirt handing Uran the bottle sure didn't look a team worker.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/14/17 10:56 AM

Since the Sagan DQ, I am ignoring the Governing Body, else any pleasure I get gets trashed.

Kind of how life with President Moron, nepotism, stupidity, and oligarchy makes me feel to a much lesser degree. Except the TDF shit only lasts a few weeks, and is supposed to take my mind off this shit...

On that note: I predict President Moron to reverse himself on the Paris Accord. The long handshake with Macron upon departure seemed pretty friendly. And President Moron may well now like Macron and been influenced like the child he is.

I put this here for no other reason than is will go away fast, like when Stage 13-14 transpire. If only it could happen with the fools and our current state of oligarchy, which in stage terms is Stage 4 [also cancer terms].

Marc N.

7/15/17 9:23 AM

While I didn`t see the incident, they said he was a pr person for the Cannondale team.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -