HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Forrest Trump
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

6/9/17 9:39 AM

Seems, as some expected, we are back to a very similar Niconesque progression.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

6/13/17 2:05 AM

And even more so IME after hearing Trump is considering firing Mueller.

The 'cabinet meeting' wreaked like one of the Sadam cabinet meetings i recall. Yes, oh fearless leader, i am blessed to serve you. I puked in my mouth frankly..

Last edited by Sparky on 6/13/17 2:31 PM; edited 1 time in total

JohnC

6/13/17 1:42 PM

Cabinet meeting

I thought of Louis the Fourteenth. He seems to think he was elected King.

I'm not sure there's anything to the speculation about firing Mueller. The only one who has said anything publicly is Chris Ruddy, head of right-wing news outlet Newsmax. He's a buddy of Trump, but he may have just been shooting off his mouth to get some attention. This morning at the Senate Appropriations Committee, Deputy AG Rosenstein said he's the only one who can fire Mueller, and he sees no reason to do that, which means Trump would have to fire him first -- so we're talking full-scale Saturday Night Massacre.

But it's never entirely safe to predict what Trump will or won't do.

KerryIrons

6/13/17 2:20 PM

Chaff

quote:
But it's never entirely safe to predict what Trump will or won't do.

A lot of what he says (whether consciously or not is an open question) it just chaff to distract his opponents or possible negotiating partners. The most recent and painful example is the "tapes" joke. Now he says he'll tell us in a week or two whether there are "tapes". Normally one would ask "Is this some kind of joke?" but of course in Trump's case, it's not a joke.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

6/13/17 2:30 PM

C'mon Kerry

It's entirely rational - he has to decide whether to delete them before telling us if he has them...

Actually I'm pretty sure he doesn't have them - last thing he'd want.

Reply to topic    

April

6/13/17 8:05 PM

quote:
I'm not sure there's anything to the speculation about firing Mueller. The only one who has said anything publicly is Chris Ruddy, head of right-wing news outlet Newsmax. He's a buddy of Trump, but he may have just been shooting off his mouth to get some attention.

Oh Trump is shooting off HIS mouth, before realizing it back fired.

JohnC

6/14/17 9:49 AM

Re firing Mueller: the NYTimes is reporting today, citing unnamed inside sources (aka "leakers"), that Trump was pissed off about Mueller's appointment from the beginning, and has been fuming about how and when he could get rid of him. So far, Priebus and a few others have been able to convince him that any good that might come of that would be far outweighed by the shitstorm of obstruction charges that it would bring down on the White House.

Brian Nystrom

6/14/17 11:13 AM

It would also lead to a mass defection...

...of Republicans in Congress, considering how many are teetering on the brink at the moment.

Trump still doesn't seem to have figured out that he can't intimidate elected representatives into doing what he wants, nor can he just fire anyone at will. He has very little control over anything at this point and that must be frustrating him to no end.

Reply to topic    

April

6/14/17 2:34 PM

But he clearly succeeded in intimidating his own white house staff, including his VP!

That cabinet meeting was the most nauseating display of the result of intimidation seen live on TV. Remember I came from China, where the intimidation comes in the form of labor camps. Even there, I haven't seen nearly as blatant show of "loyalty" from his cabinet, including from that very "republican ray of hope" Pence!

I guess because unlike the elected representatives, these guys CAN be fired by Trump. They're too scared to speak up against him.

dan emery

6/14/17 3:56 PM

Cabinet meeting

http://www.politicalcartoons.com/cartoon/acbf6304-7c6e-4186-b8b9-638ef357e9cc.html

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/14/17 4:09 PM

Not sure whom, but it seems someone is suggesting the GOP Cabinet/men wear lipstick...

Brian Nystrom

6/15/17 4:53 AM

Who cares about his cabinet?

He probably doesn't listen to them and they don't get to vote on legislation.

Reply to topic    

PLee

6/15/17 7:39 AM

Given the number of cabinet members who are super-rich, I would have thought that they would have been more independent. It's not as if they need their jobs.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

6/15/17 9:55 AM

I guess it depends on their motivation

Did they take the job thinking that they would be able to influence legislation to further benefit them financially? If so, that's a strong incentive to try to stick around. I doubt that there is much altruism in that group.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/15/17 8:54 PM

Session's Tell

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/06/14/jeff_sessions_has_a_tell_and_conan_o_brien_spotted_it.html

FWIW, old tricks are the best tricks. Session's hearing where he was adding lots and lots of words to his answers when questions came from a DEM questioner... Filibusters are R us...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -