HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Forrest Trump
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
daddy-o

6/1/17 10:50 PM

Heck yes I'm preaching to the choir. When I say that spiel it's always "tell friends and family in other states." This is preaching for them to spread the word: VOTE. Your vote is your voice. Raise your voice or whisper but use it. General Dynamics has a lobbying firm but it can't vote.

I don't argue to change minds. When I talk politics I try to not tip my hand, just sow doubt, when I don't agree. Another thing is to finish off with something like "just stay home and watch the polls close." Because that is the false confidence HRC inspired in her supporters.

One irony of elected office Trump is private citizen Trump was a pro-abortion Democrat. Vice President Pence on the other hand was never either.

I'm not trying to change voters. I'm trying to get voters to the polls. The iron is hot, time to strike. This is not going to be easy. The system is rigged in those states where the majority of voters voted for Democrats but the state is represented by Republicans.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

daddy-o

6/2/17 5:58 AM

Trump is in with loan sharks

It's been over six months since I've had a good paranoid fantasy. Maybe this is the answer to that one.

How many times has DJT been associated with bankruptcy, three?

His son told a journalist for Golf World in ~2010 when resort properties were not being funded by domestic lenders "Pops gets loans like crazy from Russia. It's like they print money." (Paraphrased and embellished)

The President is still shilling his properties. He plants himself and diplomatic contingents at his restaurant tables so the paying guests can justify to them selves paying the new double price.

Loan sharks don't do bankruptcy, they ask for favors.

Sparky

6/2/17 9:12 AM

Wondering why no one in the news media is not pointing out the Paris Accord walkout is simply to loose some red ink for his tax cuts. Everything he does now is for that. Where did the voter think he was going to get the coin to fund the one campaign promise you can count on him following up on.
When 45 sez the Paris Accords will undermine our economy, doesn't he really mean this.

And watch how any embellishment of the "Coal Industry" revenue goes right to the top, And the jobs he promises will be less folks maintaining more automation. Coal miners, don't make me laugh...

April

6/2/17 9:56 AM

quote:
I'm not trying to change voters. I'm trying to get voters to the polls. The iron is hot, time to strike.

Not sure it's directly related. But Republicans are cunningly disassociating Trump from their favorite "party"...

I'm still of the opinion that Democrats should just raise questions but let Republicans have their 2 years. If they stand their ground against Trump, Trump will blame them for getting in his way. Voters will get to see what kind of a crybaby Trump really is. And if the Republicans let him do what he wants to do, they'll have to answer to the damage THEY cause together.

We live in a democracy. The stupidest person has the same vote as the best educated expert. Both have to live with the consequences. If your neighbor choose to set fire to his property repeatedly which may make you really worried. But you still can't stop him. The best you can do is to be prepared to survive the consequence.

Sparky

6/2/17 10:19 AM

"If your neighbor choose to set fire to his property repeatedly which may make you really worried. But you still can't stop him. The best you can do is to be prepared to survive the consequence."

Until sparks set you property a blaze. ;)

And be prepared to file a lawsuit...

Matthew Currie

6/2/17 10:35 AM

I'd be inclined to agree with April except that in this day and age I do not trust people to acknowledge the damage caused and no simply either to deny it or to attribute it to the wrong forces.

I was listening to a recent radio interview with a voter who voted for Greg Gianforte despite his televised assault on a reporter. It wasn't simply that she thought he was in the right. She stated that she believed the news reports were false.

I really think we may have entered a new era of outright craziness.

Reply to topic    

April

6/2/17 1:22 PM

quote:
in this day and age

I don't think that's new. People are never good at admitting their mistakes. They'll find scapegoats and excuses just like before.

Only thing changed is the political correctness prevents anyone from pointing out the fallacies of such behavior.

April

6/2/17 3:13 PM

quote:
Until sparks set you property a blaze. ;)

Sparks? Did you say sparks? ;-)

That's why I included this:

quote:
best you can do is to be prepared to survive the consequence

Sparky

6/2/17 3:31 PM

It would be my neighbor that would need to "survive the consequence".

And I mean that in the most litigious of ways.

dan emery

6/3/17 11:40 AM

Back to coal

I was interested to see that the one company cited as supporting Trump's decision was Peabody Energy. The more things change, the more they stay the same:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DEy6EuZp9IY

Reply to topic    

lrzipris

6/5/17 8:12 AM

Every day, another outrageous Trumpism. Survive? Four years of this madness?

Richie Ashburn the Phillies HOFer/broadcaster, used to say to Harry Kalas, his partner in the booth, "Hard to believe, Harry."

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/6/17 10:30 AM

Not supposed to say 'Ban'... senior moments?

April

6/6/17 11:30 AM

Best entertainment, for the next 4 years.

I bet those who voted for him enjoy his "performance" equally.

daddy-o

6/6/17 3:24 PM

This is not entertainment.

The United States is the biggest, baddest country in the history of planet. People can say what they want, decline, interventionist and so on, I can make the arguments too.

This man has no business being in charge of the worlds largest arsenal.

This serial bankruptcy filer has no place near the wheelhouse of the worlds largest economy.

And so on.

There are rivers we don't dredge because of PCBs. What the hell has he stirred up 'draining the swamp?' Fascists, conspirators, racial hatred

I try to make light but facts are facts.

Entangled, secretive, irrational, ill prepared, bombastic, misogynistic, paranoid, cloistered

Sparky

6/6/17 3:41 PM

Let's not forgot juvenile and moronic at a minimum.

Unfit, and certainly totally unqualified. Not to mention lacks any semblance of temperament for leadership of people in any form.

I suspect this will do great damage to the US on many levels.

April

6/6/17 4:13 PM

Like it or not, nearly half of the country disagree!

They wanted this "Entangled, secretive, irrational, ill prepared, bombastic, misogynistic, paranoid, cloistered" individual to be their president, because HE represents THEIR value(s).

Some voted for him for one reason that's more important than the rest put together. That one reason maybe abortion, or gun control, or transgender bathrooms... Even if they disagree with any of his other stands (health care, climate change, whatever), they consider these secondary than the "major" issue of their heart.

All of you who had children, you know how it is. You tried your best to bring them up to the best of your knowledge. But past a certain age, they're their own person. You can no longer dictate what your kids do or don't. You hope they don't go rob a bank. But if they do, there's nothing you could do to stop him! You can only hope he got away without being killed by the police!

I didn't vote for Trump. I also make sure my vote went to a realistic candidate so my vote counts in stopping Trump. But now the election is over, and he's the president. I would be sad if he drag the rest of us down with him. But it's kind of out of my hands just like grown kids out of the hands of parents.

So forgive me for enjoying the entertainment in the interim time. It provides quite a good laugh. A new one every other day

Sparky

6/6/17 4:36 PM

"It provides quite a good laugh. A new one every other day"

Except as I assume you are aware, the other 50% of us do not think it it very funny.

I was hoping he'd run out of toes to shoot off...

April

6/6/17 5:09 PM

quote:

Except as I assume you are aware, the other 50% of us do not think it it very funny.

you assume wrong. Not all of the 50%.

Some of us voted against him (but lost) still find it funny.

Brian Nystrom

6/7/17 5:38 AM

I'm still betting...

...that he won't make it through his first term without being impeached and tossed to the curb. Any damage he does - either through policies or to our image in the world - is temporary. History will look back and see that America got a wart on it's nose that was removed and it's beauty was ultimately restored.

Frankly, I'm glad that Europeans and some other allies don't feel that they can count on us to the same degree anymore, as they need to stand on their own and pay their own way. They're like kids who never left home; it's time they made their own way in the world, with the knowledge that if things get really bad, we'll be there to help.

Reply to topic    

April

6/7/17 10:55 AM

quote:
with the knowledge that if things get really bad, we'll be there to help.

Actually, I wouldn't even count on that!

The average American couldn't care less about what happen in the next state! Europe is an ocean away. Remember the US only enter WWII after Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor! How much longer would it have been had Japan not enter the war in that way? Would the US even sent troops to Europe at all? We would never know.

Politicians typically care more. But Trump isn't a politician. He represents SOME fraction of the average American. The fraction that doesn't care. And that's a pretty large fraction. Just look at the "Pittsburgh not Paris" chant! It hit a chord in many hearts.

I repeat, I don't see Trump being the problem. He's only the symptom of a much deeper, and much more worrisome problem. That's why I can kind of enjoy the circus show. It's like watching a comedy that expose the hidden issue society are afraid to talk about. I get a good laugh. And also get to watch my neighbors starts to see the irony as the show unfold.

For the Europeans? They better take care of themselves. Americans may or may not come to their aid in time of need. (and even if we do, it may come at a price they can't afford)

Last edited by April on 6/7/17 11:02 AM; edited 2 times in total

daddy-o

6/7/17 10:59 AM

"History will look back and see that America got a wart on it's nose that was removed and it's beauty was ultimately restored."

Yes, and yes to the 'greater good' self-sufficiency message.

My biggest hope is this will demonstrate the inherent stability of representative democracy.

daddy-o

6/7/17 11:03 AM

April, You and I keep trading hats! Cynic, humor, hopeful, frustrated, etc

April

6/7/17 11:04 AM

Yes, all of the above.

"American" is not a homogeneous population. So it's no surprise all of the above applies in different time and situation.

KerryIrons

6/7/17 3:50 PM

Pittsburgh not Paris

quote:
Just look at the "Pittsburgh not Paris" chant! It hit a chord in many hearts.

But the "hilarious" part of that is that Pittsburgh voted overwhelmingly for Clinton. Trump really can't get anything right.

Reply to topic    

April

6/7/17 8:28 PM

Who here lives in Pittsburgh? Where's the "We didn't vote for Trump because he didn't represent us" protest? Or perhaps they are happy with Trump's presidency?

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -