HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

AAA to the rescue

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

5/3/17 4:47 AM

AAA to the rescue

I just saw that AAA memberships now include roadside service and towing for your bicycles as well as cars.

I guess one could say this is a good benefit, but the old skool cyclist in me deems it pathetic....

Reply to topic    

Steve B.

5/3/17 7:08 AM

One of the stipulations of the NYC area AAA is the tow company only tows you to their shop, with the theory that they then get to do the repair. Or they tow you to your dealer and you pay for an extra tow.

Wonder how they deal with a bike ?

Reply to topic    

April

5/3/17 8:30 AM

quote:
One of the stipulations of the NYC area AAA is the tow company only tows you to their shop,

I haven't read the detail of the terms specific for NYC (my AAA membership is based outside NYC). It's 2 miles radius at destination of your choice: home, garage, dealership, ANY shop.

I don't always know why I kept my membership. My warranty include towing already. I guess I use the AAA discount at hotels enough to be a wash. So I never bother cancelling it.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Jesus Saves

5/3/17 9:32 AM

"Your bicycle must be disabled"

That service has been around for a year or so, if not longer, IIRC.

From the AAA website, here are the details.....

Bicycle towing mileage is the same as your vehicle free towing mileage (5 miles for Classic, 100 miles for Plus/Premier, and one extra 200-mile tow for Premier Members). Any additional towing miles will be at the same low rate as it is for vehicles.

Bicycles covered:

Your bike, a friend's bike
Bicycle rentals
Tandems/trailers pulled by bicycles
The above is provided as long as service can be safely delivered using normal servicing equipment

Your bicycle must be disabled. Transportation will not be included for rider fatigue or physical inability to continue riding. A Bicycle Assistance call counts as one of your Roadside Assistance calls and there is no additional charge to you as a Member for bicycle coverage. You will need to show your Member card when the driver arrives.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -