HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

So Trumps white house is QVC now?
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/19/17 11:22 AM

Now we tax payer are funding post election campaigning for ego bolstering. I guess DT can not get enough ass kissing at home in the white house to not come crying to hiS hay day fun of the campaign..

You are already the POTUS you fool! You coulda spent that money on your wall. Wait, he can do both. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

2/19/17 12:07 PM

Looks like he's found that running for president is a lot more fun than being president.

April

2/19/17 12:10 PM

"there's no doubt that when Trump falls, his ardent supporters will cry foul no matter what the reason is"

There will always be some who are most extreme in their believe. On both sides.

But I strongly suspect a good percentage of Trump supporters really do wish to see some radical changes. They don't know what those changes should be that would be good for them, so are taking their chances with Trump. I think they deserve their chances to experience the "radical change" Trump would bring to them. They deserve to see the other side of the coin too.

But of course, if Trump had never meant to govern, he will do his best to get himself kicked out of the White house so he can then shout from the sideline "the system is rigged"! ;-)

daddy-o

2/19/17 12:40 PM

Ahh the good old days...

t- tweeted in July. This links to twitter.

(For those who don't want to follow the link:)
Taxpayers are paying a fortune for the use of Air Force One on the campaign trail by President Obama and Crooked Hillary. A total disgrace!

a lot more fun than being president
I'll bet.
Fawning.
Open to hypnotic suggestion.
Now with the AF-1 prop.
Winners, the best winners.
We won the best win.
Did you hear?
They must not have heard, they didn't hear, but we won, the popular vote too, you heard that.

Snap out of it Daddy-o!!! Call a doctor!!!

edit: working on the delivery... happy President's Day!

Last edited by daddy-o on 2/20/17 6:43 AM; edited 3 times in total

Sparky

2/19/17 2:41 PM

" They deserve to see the other side of the coin too. "

Dragging me kicking and screaming along. How many decades will it be before 'an outsider' get put in the oval office again one has to wonder...

BTW: Go John McCain! The John McCain I once coulda voted for [before the GOP POTUS election team got their paws on him] is being What/Who I think may actually be 'himself', Bigly!

April

2/19/17 8:02 PM

"The John McCain I once coulda voted for [before the GOP POTUS election team got their paws on him] "

Seems running for President always brings out the worst in a person. There had been a few others that I would have consider voting for, but once they became the candidate, I couldn't bring myself to vote for.

Sparky

2/19/17 9:28 PM

It occurred to me POTUS Moron is getting the idea of how it feels to have the press all over your shit. Like when you keep the previous POTUS's question of birth certificate alive for 5 years. [fraudulently?] Except what the press is on him about is more likely to be something very illegal.

Brian Nystrom

2/20/17 12:11 PM

When Pence - or Ryan - takes over...

...I expect that some of the quality Republicans who were Trump naysayers will end up in his cabinet and other senior administration posts. The business cronies and extremists like Bannon will be gone post-haste. I'd love to see Kelly Ayotte as VP!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/20/17 12:41 PM

Redemption in a few ways for the previous moron president.

Sparky

2/22/17 11:16 AM

DT is a gift for GW. He can and may come out of the woodwork. And actually be received reasonably I predict.

I did see a news spot of a REP town meeting of some sort in which a REP supporter said it feels like we have a child in the white house. Ya think?

Should I say child instead of Moron [see definition above] ? I doubt I can with the continuous "anything anyone else can do I can do better/best" shit for brains always spouts.

I confess a childhood friend exactly like that I grew out of by 13-14 years old [got sick of?]. He went on to be a heroin addict and not president I should mention. ;O

We were in bands together as kids, continually had to put every pier below him in same bully fashion. I started on bass, and he showed me a few songs to accompany him on acoustic by 11-12. I bumped into him a few years later after I started leaning about every Zep/Page song/lick by 16. Three of us sat and did a little jamb session. He was a ploinker on guitar soloing and knew the chords basically. Even his strumming tempo/rhythm was rudimentary at best by then.

When we got to the fast section of Stairway to Heaven and I did the solo, his face sunk to the floor with the realization that a subordinate had evolved to a place above his ability.

I want/need to see President Dumb Ass make that face, so that I can get rid of the DTs. :)

If you think I 'like' DT, you don't want to ask Elaine BTW. I think she may literately want to see him drop dead, or at least crash and burn. She even had trouble watching the satire.

I log on each day seeking to see what idiocy he is committing heading towards impeachment. I can dream. ;)

Nick Payne

2/22/17 3:28 PM

Given his past behaviour, I'm waiting for the executive order granting presidential jus primae noctis, so that he can, in his own words, grab all the pussy he wants...

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/23/17 1:25 PM

Is he pandering to the VP with the sudden swing on the LGBT position opposite from the campaign?

Gotta keep the guy that is going to get the subpoena solidly into the cover my ass camp. ;)

Sparky

2/27/17 9:49 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/world/asia/kansas-attack-possible-hate-crime-srinivas-kuchibhotla.html?_r=0

Get used to hearing about this kind behavior. The Trump triggered underbelly of way too many folks psyche will be/is coming to the surface it seems.

Proud day to be an American.

KerryIrons

2/27/17 10:19 AM

Instigation

Just as Bill O'Reilly denied all responsibility after repeatedly shouting"Tiller, Tiller, baby killer" the Trump circle will never admit that their rhetoric has had any role in these hate crimes. It is the nature of the beast.

Reply to topic    

henoch

2/27/17 11:04 AM

And more...

While no one died... I don't think that we need to guess the motivation here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/26/us/headstones-toppled-jewish-cemetery-philadelphia.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fus&action=click&contentCollection=us®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=6&pgtype=sectionfront

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

2/27/17 5:31 PM

Why do middle class people support the party that believes in trickle down economics? I mean, wealthy people got wealthy by holding on to wealth and using it for their own self interest, right?

One pet theory: "I might get rich. Just in case I do, I want the system in place to protect my new riches."

Last edited by daddy-o on 2/27/17 6:19 PM; edited 1 time in total

dfcas

2/27/17 6:15 PM

The second question is why do low paid workers support the party that will not raise or even support a minimum wage. I don't know why people vote against their own interests.

Sparky

2/27/17 7:16 PM

"One pet theory: "I might get rich. Just in case I do, I want the system in place to protect my new riches.""

Ignorance in the belief the 1% carrot could be a reality.

dddd

2/27/17 8:55 PM

"The second question is why do low paid workers support the party that will not raise or even support a minimum wage. I don't know why people vote against their own interests."

Workers also know that when higher min. wage is imposed, that finding a job can become harder, and jobs are really scarce already in some locales, made worse when foreign workers are being brought in to fill all of the positions of some "service" businesses such as fast food (something I can see plain as day).
These businesses then see higher demand for the jobs they offer, so these foreign workers may then volunteer extra hours working for free, to keep their US jobs.
So folks looking for these entry-level "low skill" jobs might find themselves favoring the GOP for better availability of jobs, and for their expectation of less foreign competition for those jobs.
There is also the matter of gov't regulations affecting the ability of some companies to stay in business, often mentioned by GOP candidates.

There are also immigrants who start businesses who hire workers, some even hiring local workers and not just from their country of origin, but this is not the case in every instance and may not appear to be the case at all in many places.

Running for office under either major party's flag carries a lot of baggage imo, enough so that a lot of things will likely never change for the better.

I'm one who doesn't support either major party.

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

3/1/17 10:15 AM

Self interest

While it is an interesting question as to why/how large numbers of people can be convinced to vote against their own self-interest or to vote for the self interest of the wealthy, this is much more about fear. When you live in a situation where things are obviously worsening and you don't understand the reasons why, if you are presented with some sort of target for your fears it is easy to focus on that target.

When you give a group of people differing amounts of money and therefore establish a social hierarchy, an interesting thing happens when you give "second from the bottom" people money that they must give to somebody else, they will not give it to those below them on the scale. Those below them are seen as a much bigger threat. The carrot of where they might get is nothing compared to the fear that they will be passed. Those below them, no matter how low they themselves are on the socioeconomic ladder, are the threat. History proves that those who pander to that fear do quite well in elections.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/2/17 10:27 AM

Isn't that perjury folks? Or was it OK for the AT to lie to congress?

I like seeing the left going after the right, unfortunately. At least it isn't just for stupid shiet like birth certificates.. yet?

Let me pile on. The propaganda parade that was the operation of having Carryn Owens incorporated and displayed Tuesday was fucking disgusting.

Sparky

3/5/17 7:05 PM

Now the POTUS has thrown another shiny curve ball. OB tapped Trump Tower. I wonder what his insider leaking the Russia investigation info to him told him to make the need for such a shiny ball on this one. ;)

How does one spell Slander?

I didn't realize Stephen King was funny.

>Author Stephen King has taken to Twitter to mock Donald Trump after his controversial wire-tap claims.

Not only did Obama tap Trump's phones, he stole the strawberry ice cream out of the mess locker.
— Stephen King (@StephenKing) March 4, 2017

Sparky

3/7/17 11:02 AM

OK. I get that DT is 9th grade level intelligence.
Ben Carson OTOH had to get though MED school.
But somehow he seems to be equally moronic, and has since I heard him open his mouth.

Samuel L:

OK!! Ben Carson....I can’t! Immigrants ? In the bottom of SLAVE SHIPS??!! MUTHAFUKKA PLEASE!!!#dickheadedtom
— Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) March 6, 2017

What Ben said:

“That’s what America is about,” Carson said. “A land of dreams and opportunity. There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great grandsons, great granddaughters might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land.”

Dude! One if these thing ain't like the other...

Brian Nystrom

3/7/17 11:47 AM

Well...

...at least he's apparently a good surgeon, even if he lives on some other planet. Yikes!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/7/17 12:32 PM

My wife sez the Doc that barely made it through MED school/boards is still called DR.

Incoming GOP President Donald Trump won the 2016 White House race in part on a vow to repeal ObamaCare on “day one” of his administration and to replace it with “something terrific.

DT: “I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject,” After the election.

[insert Muttley snickering here]

This sorta reminds me of my cousin when we were kids. My Mom or older sister would come into the room and say "who wants some..." getting interrupted by Cus screaming me, me, me plowing over us and obstacles to be first.

Then says, "Eww, what is it?" Was heard prior to the offering singing "Anything you can do I can do better..."

"Anything you can do I can do best"

My personal experience is that folks with this demeanor never actually can/do.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -