HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Aleve Direct Therapy [tens device]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/1/17 12:19 PM

Aleve Direct Therapy [tens device]

I got one of these for Elaine to try to relive pain. Did not work for her, found out why yesterday with x-rays and MRI afternoon sessions.

Someone is in for a total hip soon, back pain was referred apparently. Not muscular as this device is meant to address.

But I did some sideways lifting yesterday and my lower back was not happy, still isn't.

This thing really works for muscle issues. Also, when I got up this a.m. and was stiff again. Last nights session got me to sleep, but used the device again with coffee when I got up.

So if you get the lower back thing after certain tasks, this may be worth the coin for you. Paid $35.00 shipped on eBay, and have seen it cheaper as well.

They do follow the Ink Jet printer cartridge rip off schemata on the gel pads. I've been using it with out them on lower settings with success. It really can put out some juice though, beware how and when/where you touch it. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

2/1/17 2:57 PM

Good luck to Elaine with the hip

I guess she knows where to find a surgeon....

And she also knows that total hips generally have a great prognosis.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/1/17 4:03 PM

We've seen it coming. Daily Meloxicam carried her for quite a while. Thanks

Brian Nystrom

2/2/17 11:55 AM

TENS devices are great

I have one that I got to treat lower back spasms and it works wonders. As Sparky mentioned, they're cheap now, actually less than the cost of a visit to my chiropractor, which is where I first experienced one. In his office, he uses an elastic belt to hold the pads in place and just moistens them with a spray bottle. It seems like a much better method than stick-on pads that wear out after a limited number of uses. I haven't tried that at home yet, but it could probably be done with an Ace bandage.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/13/17 10:57 AM

Update: Elaine total hips/great prognosis.

Steroid/Hyaluronic Acid Injections sessions begin today.

Elaine was quite pleased the Doctor did not lean/go right for surgery. Although I think she is gonna get there sooner or later. In fact she said he felt optimistic for the Injection Therapy Route for her.

Best part is he showed up to do a case at the surgery center she works and saved the time and office visit pulling up her x-ray and MRI stuff right then and there Friday. And got her in for today. Inside perks for sure.

I am riding in via bike to get her , not supposed to drive after they stick her. So I am riding in and driving her and her car back. Should pass 45^ while I am on the road. [reminds me, need to go charge my blinky]

I am 'SOOO' looking forward to her not being in perpetual pain. She even has sleeping issues, moving and the pain waking her etc.

Now that the Computrainer Den is all set up for floor and core exercise, I am hoping she can join me. And get on the bike again, her Madone sits gathering cob web since a few painful rides 2015.
The tandem too, except I drag my kid out with restaurant bribe/tandem rides when I can. Nice that relocation to Portland after graduation is in place, a year now actually. Love having my kids closer... Yada

Last edited by Sparky on 2/13/17 7:28 PM; edited 1 time in total

Sparky

2/13/17 6:03 PM

Just got back. OMG the wind was unreal. Doing 6 mph with a 20+ mph headwind is like doing 26 mph... Right?

dan emery

2/14/17 7:49 AM

Good luck to her

No experience with that type of injections, but I hope they work!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/17/17 12:23 AM

She is like a new woman. She told me she did some crunches and leg lifts this morning. Said she is going to wait on the leg lifts a while.

dan emery

2/17/17 9:25 AM

sounds good

Hope the benefit lasts.

I posted that I could do leg lifts pretty well after the fracture, but I remember that after the replacement they were killers...

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -