HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

FYI: Panaracer GravelKing Tire Excel 29.00

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/13/17 12:19 PM

FYI: Panaracer GravelKing Tire Excel 29.00

And available in the brown wall versions too. ;)

Heads up.

https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?page=8&description=GravelKing+Tire&vendorCode=PANARACE&major=1&minor=27

Unfortunately with shipping costs via web/excel.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Nick Payne

2/13/17 1:57 PM

When I saw "GravelKing" I thought it would be something fat. But the largest size is a nominal 32, and my experience of Panaracer is that they run small - Pasela 700x32 that I've used measure ~28mm when mounted on MA2 rims.

I've just acquired a pair of these to replace my existing 42mm tyres when they wear out. From reports I've rear, they do actually measure a true 48mm:

Reply to topic    

dfcas

2/13/17 3:23 PM

I had the Gravel King 700x32 smooth tread version and they measure 31mm on an A23 rim,so they run slightly small.

Curiously, the 700x28 Gravel kings run 29mm on the same rim.

The Compass and Gran Bois tires are made by Panaracer.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Nick Payne

2/14/17 3:58 AM

The size moulded on the sidewall of the tyre is presumably at the behest of whomever they're being made for. All the Grand Bois tyres I've used - 700x30 on Mavic Module 3 rims, and 650bx38 and 650bx42 on Synergy rims - have all been between one and three millimetres undersize when measured after several weeks of use.

I mounted one of the Compass nominal 48mm tyres earlier today on a DT Swiss XM1501 wheel - 27mm external width rim - and they measured 47mm on initial inflation to 30psi - based on past experience they'll expand 1-2mm over the next few weeks. In fact, if I pull out the tube and run them tubeless they'll probably grow a bit more than that.

The two sizes of Pasela I've used - 700x32 and 700x35, were both one size under - the 32s were 28s and the 35s were 32s.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -