HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Another cross bike- TIME Pro cross

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dfcas

12/29/16 1:43 PM

Another cross bike- TIME Pro cross

I seem to be collecting French carbon this year. This summer I bought a Look 585 road bike that I really like, and recently I bought a TIME pro cross. I have not yet ridden the Time, but the workmanship seems outstanding. Heavily shaped carbon tubes.

I've always heard good things about Time frames so I'll find out once I get a day thats warm enough. I'll take a pic soon and put it up. Its a bit bold for my normally bland taste.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

12/30/16 6:54 AM

I've got a Look 585, too

I wanted something really stealthy that wouldn't draw much attention, so I bought a bike that has LOOK plastered all over it! Oh well... ;-)

For a relatively conservative-looking, round-tube-and-lug frame, its performance really surprises me. It's quite stiff overall and the fork has great lateral stiffness, which is clearly evident when you thrash it on a climb or in a sprint. It's also surprisingly light, with the complete frameset (frame, fork and headset) being within a handful of gram of my SuperSix HiMod. The handling is a little quicker, but not enough so to require much effort to control it. It's my "backup" road bike and doesn't get ridden as much as it deserves, but I like to jump on it once in a while to remind myself how nice it is.

From a graphics standpoint, Looks are definitely somewhat "overstated", but Time frames really slap you in the face and yell "pay attention to me!". That wouldn't stop me from riding one if I really like it.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

12/30/16 9:57 AM

I've preferred tube and lug carbon bikes over the monocoque types I've owned and ridden. I sometimes wonder if carbon bikes peaked about 10 years ago, or maybe I'm just behind the curve.

dfcas

12/30/16 1:52 PM

I tried to use Photobucket to share a pic here but I can't get the site to work. What photosharing site is good to use now with the forum?

dfcas

1/1/17 10:42 AM

Lets try this

https://www.snapfish.com/library/share?w=snapfish_us&c=snapfish&l=en_US#euKmXQWaxAMEuSf3ZZgjwg/AUS/27941162637070/SNAPFISH

dfcas

1/1/17 10:44 AM

I used to be able to make pics appear on here, but I seem to have lost my mojo.

dan emery

1/1/17 11:13 AM

Nice

Nice looking bike. Should be a blast to ride.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/1/17 2:56 PM

"I wanted something really stealthy that wouldn't draw much attention, so I bought a bike that has LOOK plastered all over it! Oh well... ;-) "

LOL, isn't that always the way I wanna say. ;)

Brian Nystrom

1/2/17 5:58 AM

Yeah, pretty much

Opportunity is the key and the deal I got on the Look was too good to pass up. I bought my 585 for $586. Go figure...

Dfcas, that's pretty tame looking by Time's standards. I like it!

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -