HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Post Election Trump
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

11/1/16 4:07 PM

yeah, and the George W. Bush White House 'Lost' 22 Million Emails.

It is all bullshit, and the fact that the bully 9th grade silver spooned douche decimated the GOP primary field is total crap.

Did I type that out loud?

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

daddy-o

11/1/16 4:14 PM

Economic misread?

The Republicans I listen to raise hackles about anemic growth. Don't they see much of the world is stagnant or in recession? A trade oriented economy like the U.S. needs worldwide economic growth to sustain a higher than current level. (not saying we can fix the world)

But you say "isn't most of the U.S. economy based on internal consumption?"
Yes, but rapid consumer consumption on credit was a major factor in the 2008 crisis. Back then the same people were bemoaning the savings rate. Well, consumer debt is way down, people can save once they are out of debt.

<black humor>
(Heck, look at The Donald, when he restructures contracts through bankruptcy his debt plummets! Look at the money he saves! See?!?)
</black humor>

daddy-o

11/1/16 4:17 PM

"It is all bullshit, and the fact that the bully 9th grade silver spooned douche decimated the GOP primary field is total crap."

Proof the system is rigged.

;-)

Maybe the Republican establishment thinks this is how they can regain stability? Hit the gyroscope with a golf club.

PLee

11/1/16 6:52 PM

A subpoena requires a person to produce all items asked for. They are not required to keep anything else. So if the subpoena did not ask for Clinton's personal emails, she has every right to destroy them.

That's my understanding of subpoenas, and how I've always handled them. When I tell my company to put a litigation hold on docs and email, I tell them what issues or matters are involved. Everything else is still subject to our retention and destruction policies.

That's what my law degree and 35 years of experience taught me.

And, yeah, if Abedin sent classified info to Clinton's private email server that was not previously disclosed by Clinton, that would be an issue.

Try googling Trump and evidence destruction - there's a guy who's an expert on destroying documents that are responsive to a subpoena.

Reply to topic    

Jesus Saves

11/2/16 5:44 AM

The issue is with her work emails, using her personal and not secure email server that she destroyed while under investigation. Surely some of those email correspondences deleted copies will be found on her assistant's computer.

Reply to topic    

April

11/2/16 7:23 AM

quote:
A subpoena requires a person to produce all items asked for. They are not required to keep anything else. So if the subpoena did not ask for Clinton's personal emails, she has every right to destroy them.

Clearly she doesn't have to turn over her personal e-mail. She has every right to KEEP her personal e-mail. But destroying them?

Since those e-mail were on the same server, how do we know she didn't destroy some of the questionable non-personal e-mail in the process? In other words, did she turn over EVERY official e-mail?

As long as she could produce copy of those personal e-mail for examination, she has the means to prove to the world she didn't destroy any non-personal e-mail. Destroying those e-mail however, means she lost the proof to her own innocent.

I'm not saying she's guilty. But she really didn't help her own case by creating so much doubt in the process.

Jesus Saves

11/2/16 10:05 AM

The problem is she used a *personal* email server for *work* purposes.

It is year 2016. Every worker, especially public workers, knows not to mix work and personal emails together using the same email address. Additionally, regarding secure communications, the President knew better about the risks of having a blackberry in 2009 and complied accordingly. Likewise for corporate executives.

I am very technically inclined to manage my own email server - that is renting space on a firm's computer (server). To go through the time and expenses to setup and maintain your own personal, clandestine email SERVER in your home and then use it for work related business is real hutzpah,

The news this past week is a big deal because she deleted work related emails to cover her tracks with the original FBI investigation, however, her closest assistant, that traveled everywhere with her on SoS business left copies of such emails on her personal (not work) computer.

We shall see how much evidence was intently destroyed by the SoS. That is compare what Clinton's email server did not provide (post delete) versus those copies emails which are on a client machine.

In the meantime, she put our national security at risk. That's a fact.

If you are a Clinton supporter, it's best not to draw more attention to this or even try to defend such. Leave it for her to do so at the impeachment hearing.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

11/2/16 10:36 AM

"put our national security at risk."

And I just can not imagine Trump getting that even nearly close to right frankly. He will shoot us in our foot sooner or later IME.

daddy-o

11/2/16 11:39 AM

"put our national security at risk.".

Explain the connection between a Trump server and Russia's Alfa Bank I
Explain the connection between a Trump server and Russia's Alfa Bank II
Explain the connection between a Trump server and Russia's Alfa Bank III

For instance:
The experts found that 87 percent of the DNS lookups carried out by the server involved the two servers of Alfa Bank.

"These organizations are communicating in a way designed to block other people out," L. Jean Camp of Indiana University said.

"The parties were communicating in a secretive fashion," said DNS expert Paul Vixie, adding that the setup is similar to how criminal organizations operate when planning something.

When the researchers analyzed the server on a timeline, the activity was revealed to have spiked during crucial moments in the ongoing U.S. presidential campaign, such as during the Republican and Democratic national conventions.

The report added that when the Trump Organization launched a new host name on Sept. 27, the Alfa Bank server was the first one to be able to contact it. Experts said that the Alfa Bank would only have known the new host name if it was directly contacted regarding the change.

Sparky

11/2/16 11:48 AM

Sooner apparently...

greglepore

11/2/16 12:28 PM

Apparently some are reading the spin versions of what the Comley letter actually said. All that he said was that there were emails on the Weiner computer that the FBI had not had time to assess. Nothing was even implied that they were new, or incriminating, or anything else. Just that they were being evaluated. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/28/us/politics/fbi-letter.html?_r=0

So, everyone on the right has spun this into some "hidden email" scandal when in fact its not. Puleeze.

Jesus Saves

11/2/16 12:28 PM

President Timothy Michael Kaine

Let's not muddle the conversation here with non-sequitors. We're talking about the next President of the United States - Hillary Clinton. Keep in mind, she will be just keeping the seat warm for Tim Kaine.

When that happens, maybe this time she will leave the White House china and artwork behind when she is shown the door .

I'm not interested in telling people how to vote. However, in this case, since this is like the 6th(?) political post for me, may I suggest you do a write [or type] in vote for Timothy Kaine? I think you should. You'll feel better.

Besides the states you live in are not in play anyway. So what do you have to loose? (Besides your sense of smell holding your nose voting for either of the two major party candidates). Then you can brag to your friends about how good of a prognosticator you were for voting for the House of Rep promoted President Kaine.

Reply to topic    

April

11/2/16 1:02 PM

I'm proud to tell the world I will vote for Hillary Clinton!

Because I still think she's the best of the bunch.

I'm however, disappointed at how she handles the e-mail issue. It was the wrong thing to do to setup a private server to handle official e-mail, whether you're Secretary of State or just a high school principle. So a mistake was made.

What did she do after that mistake came to light? She expect the Republican to overlook that glaring mistake! Sorry, that's just wishful thinking.

Sparky

11/2/16 1:31 PM

We both already voted for Hilly. Mainly due to fear of shit for brains attempting to bring dictatorship to US, and declaring war on one or more countries. Least of which being China.

There is also an element for us not to support the GOP mainly due to the freedom caucus and spend tax moneys to unseat Hillary for too long. I long for the day when I can vote for a republican again. But I am 59...

The Hilly BS is not really more than any other politician in my book. Well maybe a little, she still does not shovel BS as well as Trump. Or maybe that is where they are matched most closely.

Shit like this not confirming the Justice, Tea party kicking the ball over the fence continually... and also this FBI BS is strictly Banana Republic. If the world is not laughing at us they as bigger idiots than our current leadership. Nearly across the board anyway, on our leadership.

Proud for my vote, no so much.

daddy-o

11/2/16 1:53 PM

JS, Dude, follow your own links

quote:
When that happens, maybe this time she will leave the White House china and artwork behind when she is shown the door .

I took your link to investigate the theft. This link was inside the page you linked above. "Mostly False" is Politifact's conclusion: (sorry the art is so big, it's about 5% as large on the site.)

daddy-o

11/2/16 1:57 PM

And yes, I'm holding my nose at the voting booth

Because of my profession and experience I'll be the first one to say the SOS setting up a personal email server is an invitation for disaster in so many ways.

That Trump guy though, that's a disaster that can be averted.

Jesus Saves

11/2/16 2:01 PM

"she still does not shovel BS as well as Trump"

daddy-o: you took the bait and typed "theft".

But Hillary did claim to be "broke" (as in poor) when she left the White House with Bill, despite carrying out $200,000 worth of "gifts".

Last edited by Jesus Saves on 11/2/16 2:02 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

Sparky

11/2/16 2:01 PM

At least Hillary knows the ropes. Winging it is a disaster waiting to happen. Even GW had experience governing, and look at his track record.

Jesus Saves

11/2/16 2:04 PM

At least Hillary knows the ropes.

Like the one that will hang her (figuratively) for "Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors" aka Impeachment

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

11/2/16 2:08 PM

Huh?

quote:
daddy-o: you took the bait and typed "theft".

I don't get it. I followed links, typed nothing, the word "broke" is not in either story. The fragment "bro" appears once in each, as in "browse the truth-o-meter."

The gist of your links is: The $200,000 figure is way high.

Don't confuse my defense as an endorsement, it's just you keep lobbing half-truths at best.

Ahh, you're baiting me, okay, fair enough.

Last edited by daddy-o on 11/2/16 2:16 PM; edited 1 time in total

Jesus Saves

11/2/16 2:14 PM

Way high, like $10,000? "When Bill Clinton completed his term, he submitted a final disclosure form that listed roughly $190,000 in gifts."

Try this link:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jun/10/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-says-she-and-bill-were-dead-broke/

and afterwards feel free to post another "mostly false" image. ;-)

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

11/2/16 2:17 PM

Like I said you're baiting me. Over and out.

April

11/2/16 2:26 PM

Dead broke

Well Trump had been worse than "dead broke": he's in debt so far that his debtors had to basically forgave their debt. But he's now toting himself as the "successful businessman" that will save this country economically.

So yeah, BS as BS goes. They're all dirty in their own way. The question is who's best for the next term. To me the choice is clear.

Jesus Saves

11/2/16 2:51 PM

Free room & board, meals, travel,...zero expenses and a six figure salary, it's really hard to fathom how any expiring President could leave office broke.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

11/2/16 2:58 PM

I don't see how Trump would even live in the White House. He is used to multi floor penthouse luxury.

How'd you like to be one of his advisors, the times he might actually take advice he is going to take credit for it anyway. ;)

I am hoping The Hilly campaign has one more zingers to unleash 3 days or so from now.

Like the Hilly impeachment possibility, I hope Trump gets some due prudence & justice levied upon him. Fortitude and temperance already non starters for him. ;)

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -