Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Post Election Trump
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

10/28/16 9:31 AM

"Trumps Position"

Not so much a position [wasn't he a Dem while the GOP had started tracking thusly], but rather his strategy to achieve his goal.

On another note, I wonder if the thought at all has entered Pence's head the/his Lord/God is warning him of something. [insert devil emoticon]

Planes get bigger, the noise abatement rules get stricter, and the runways stay 7k' in length. ;)

EDIT/Correction: 737-700 needs 6,791. They had an extra 209'. Plus maybe a bit more with a non heavy load [assuming]. Did one of the thrust reversing doors fail or something I wonder.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Jesus Saves

10/28/16 1:36 PM

10/28 FBI investigation Clinton emails

Is it too early to salute the next Commander-In-Chief of the United States.......

President Timothy Michael Kaine ?

If so, maybe they should consider remaking a modern day version of the movie "Citizen Ka(i)ne".

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

10/28/16 2:10 PM

She and Bill are as crooked as the day is long

If she does get elected, we can expect a never-ending stream of these revelations until she gets impeached and thrown out of office. That would also be a "breakthrough", the first husband and wife to become President and both be impeached. Although Bill survived his impeachment, I don't see that happening for Hillary, should it come to that.

Reply to topic    

Steve B.

10/28/16 3:26 PM

It was a very windy and rainy evening. My guess is they landed long due to poor visibility and winds, then skidded.

Reply to topic    

Tom Price

10/28/16 7:25 PM

Overreaction?

The FBI is investigating a laptop computer that was shared by Anthony Weiner and his wife. It appears there will be little if any trouble for Hillary.

Sparky

10/28/16 7:30 PM

"My guess is they landed long due to poor visibility and winds"

Strong head wind could mean less flaps and higher speed for approach/touchdown, etc...

Anyway DNC, your turn...

Jesus Saves

10/29/16 6:02 AM

She works for Hillary, her assitant, that mistakenly left confidential national security papers in a lift car, and unlike Hillary she did not BleachKit her emails....so yes that is big deal for Hillary much like Weiner's emails which will send him to the jail.....that is unless he has not already cut a deal with the feds.

Reply to topic    

Jesus Saves

10/31/16 11:50 AM

10/31 - spread tightening

Nate silver's model update: Trump is up to 25.9%. IA and OH have flipped to now favor Trump. UT shows Clinton winning soundly in a 2 person race - however neither may pick up Utah's 6 electoral votes.

Reply to topic    

PLee

10/31/16 12:52 PM

Can someone explain to me how Weiner/Abedin can have some 165,000 emails on a personal laptop? I have addresses at hotmail, gmail, yahoo, verizon.net, and optimum.net. But, as far as I know, all of those emails are maintained on their servers and not on any of the devices I use to access them.

Work emails are also accessed remotely and reside on my company's servers.

Reply to topic    

April

10/31/16 1:06 PM

You could choose to keep a personal copy.

But I would venture to guess when they talk about personal laptop and e-mail, they're merely talking about using the laptop to access the e-mail on the server.

Most people don't usually choose to download all their e-mail to their personal laptop and keep it there. But you definitely could. 165k of e-mail really isn't that much.

Jesus Saves

10/31/16 1:06 PM

emails are maintained on their servers, sometimes.

All emails are maintained on servers (often is the case, but not always), but whether you have a copy on your client machine depends on your setup. If you use your web browser for emailing, then it acts like a terminal, and there is no email content stored (in the form of emails) on your machine. However, if you use an email client program, like Microsoft Outlook, then your client machine does have emails stored on the machine, until you delete them.

Another variant, is Outlook has a "delete emails from server after download" or a "leave copies of emails on server after download". I'm sure other email programs have similar settings. The default for Outlook is to leave a copy on the server.

As for 165,000 emails - that is quite prolific! Maybe one of them were running a spamming business or using their personal pc for outgoing promotional campaign emails (both unlikely).

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/31/16 2:09 PM

I use Thunderbird as a Client to gmail. You can optionally delete off server once synced, or not. I do not, so any device I use has emails, A a lot are for reference and link library kind of thing.

Once a year [some year twice] I move the previous period [year or 1/2 year] to a local folder [as in on my PC] I can get to in the T-Boid folder list. Then purge them from the gmail system. Just my personal methodology...

Brian Nystrom

10/31/16 3:19 PM

My understanding is that Weiners' wife...

...had an email account on Hillary's server. It sounds like she must have saved the emails locally too, since AFAIK the server no longer exists.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/31/16 4:35 PM

So it is possible she had the lost PC set up as a client so the emails would be local until she connected and sent drafts out possibly. So find notebook, find all the local emails....

daddy-o

11/1/16 2:11 AM

D.C. has a radio station, WCSP, 90.1 IIRC, CSPAN radio. I had a particularly long day yesterday and on days like that I sometimes like to drift off to the human voice, a ball game, NPR. WCSP may have a newsmaker interview for instance. So I pressed the button and it was a Donald Trump stump speech. OMG, four years of that voice, shudder.

Brian Nystrom

11/1/16 6:33 AM

Not to worry

I seriously doubt that either one of these idiots will make it through a full term without getting thrown out of office,so whoever gets elected, it's likely to be short-term. To some degree, I suspect that we're actually voting for the vice presidential candidate that we'd like to see in office. ;-)

Reply to topic    

PLee

11/1/16 8:12 AM

So let me see if I got this right.

The investigation is about whether Clinton's use of a private email server exposed classified information in violation of rules.

So the FBI is limited to trying to determine whether Clinton had improperly sent classified info to her chief of staff? Abedin worked for the State Department, so that can't be a violation?

It seems to me that the only thing that might pose a problem is if they find that emails with classified info to Abedin also cc'd people not authorized to receive such information.

The other issue might be retaining classified info on a device that Weiner had access to. But that would be a problem for Abedin and not Clinton.

Reply to topic    

April

11/1/16 8:49 AM

"So let me see if I got this right..."

Of course you got it right. But you're a level-headed person. The average voters are not. So all the sensational materials were put out there to stir up emotional response of the voters.

The presidential election is now strictly a likability contest.

Plenty of people will vote for Trump even though they don't see him as a good President, because they dislike Clinton so much.

There're also a lot of people who dislike Trump. Though I think most of them will simply stay home rather than vote for Clinton.

Jesus Saves

11/1/16 10:12 AM

So let me see if I got this right.

>So the FBI is limited to trying to determine whether Clinton had improperly sent >classified info to her chief of staff? Abedin worked for the State Department, so that >can't be a violation?

If Abedin emailed Clinton classified information to Clinton's personal and **unsecure** email address, yes that is a problem for Abedin and for the country, including us. It's really not difficult to comprehend.

>It seems to me that the only thing that might pose a problem is if they find that >emails with classified info to Abedin also cc'd people not authorized to receive such >information.

If you recall, Clinton intently and knowingly destroyed alot of evidence (e.g. bleachbit) after she was suppoened (sp). Like yourself, she has a law degree - she should know better.

-----------------------

President Obama had to jump through hoops to get a Blackberry (secure/encrypted device - using us gov email server) clearance with the FBI, years ago. Why should it be any different for the Sec of State and wannabe President?

"Obama made headlines when he took office in 2009 and got to keep his Blackberry mobile phone, though after undisclosed modifications were made to strengthen its security features. And the president was only permitted to email a small group of friends and senior aides via the device. "
http://fortune.com/2016/06/10/president-obamas-new-smartphone-is-more-like-a-toddler-phone/

How many countries does she tout she has visited as SoS? And you know very well, US Business execs are told to leave their blackberry home when visiting countries like China and Russia due to the risk of corporate espionage. In fact, it was discussed here.

You vehemently dislike Trump, but this Clinton issue is simply indefensible. The average, level-headed voter does get it.

Last edited by Jesus Saves on 11/1/16 10:15 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

Sparky

11/1/16 10:14 AM

I will bet anyone we will see a new historical record set. Beyond a woman POTUS I mean. Husband and wife POTUSs impeached. But these folks are pretty teflon. My real fear is the continued lame ass environment by lawmakers.

April

11/1/16 10:39 AM

quote:
My real fear is the continued lame ass environment by lawmakers.

That's been the case for quite some time. The Republican party could not put up a credible candidate to challenge Clinton means the opportunity is gone for the next 4 years.

Sparky

11/1/16 11:29 AM

Maybe the FBI via executive branch is doing damage control preemptively. So it does not surface after the fact [election]???

Except Comey is registered REP, but which kind?

All this shit is NOT any of America's proudest moments. And it is starting to go on 'way too long'.

I have never felt like such shit dropping a ballot as I did the other day.

What the FUCK are we doing fellow Americans ?

Jesus Saves

11/1/16 1:43 PM

President Tim Caine waiting in the ranks

Rumor has it, Comey came out because if he did not, FBI staff would retire en masse to collect their civil servant pension while leaking information to the press as they walk out the door.

If you do not like that outcome, then blame Attorney General Loretta Lynch for not pursuing a case against a fellow Democrat, Hillary Clinton to prosecute criminally. You know, like doing her job. Perhaps she can chaulk that up to Bill's very persuasive on-the-tarmac skills to tell her reasons why not to pursue her wife.

Even if she wins next Tuesday (likely), she will still lose - as her tenure will be immediately dogged by her lack of probity. If not the emails, then her pay-to-play foundation will haunt her and grind her presidency to a hault. Enter President Caine.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

11/1/16 3:28 PM

"her pay-to-play foundation will haunt her and grind her presidency to a hault"

But TX Gov Bush gets away with the eminent domain windfall pulled on the stadium somehow.

daddy-o

11/1/16 4:00 PM

Conflicted vs Not Conflicted

Hillary creates internal conflict:
(unstated) Created the email server because she was afraid of leaks if she used a gov server. History bears her out, the Clintons just seem to make enemies effortlessly.

Foundation: Good works, low overhead, ..., payola funding scheme.

In general: you see where I'm going with this.

Donald: No internal conflict, history and current demeanor bears that out.

What frustrates me is the past 8 years of minimal progress seems likely to continue.

Footnote: The timeline for the data bleaching is that orders, standard operating procedure, was for destruction after 6 months IIRC. A contractor wasn't following SOP and literally had an "oh shit" moment after the subpoena was issued. He then played catch up and that's a no-no. Anyone remember Oliver North's shredding party that continued in one office while the FBI was in the suite?

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -