HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Graphine [And Vittoria Tires?]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/11/17 9:31 AM

Graphine [And Vittoria Tires?]

I seem to recall someone here may have tried the Vittoria G+ tires since the line revamp.

Any opinions yet?

I saw a news piece touting the extreme strength and flexibility of the tech. Things that made me think tires would be a good place for the tech after all.

??

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

2/11/17 12:25 PM

I've read a lot about them and people absolutely rave about them. Said to be fabulous. I've not tried them yet, but I plan to.

I've decided that expensive tires are the cheapest and best upgrade we can make.

Sparky

2/11/17 12:57 PM

I am not sure I am brave enough to try. I consider my Pave Phase a very expensive effort in fast wearing easy cutting beautiful riding tires.

I have a good stash in 25mm GP4K Chilis avg cost 34.00 and 8 Kevlar Hutchinson 25mm @ 19.00 each. And two new Paves left... Not that stops me from buying shit...

greglepore

2/11/17 1:03 PM

I only have done a hundred miles or so, can't comment on durability, but the ride is superb, a notch above cx...

Brian Nystrom

2/11/17 1:38 PM

I dunno

It seems to me that the best "upgrade" for tires is lower air pressure. It makes more difference in ride quality than any switch in tires will, assuming that you're at least starting with something that didn't come from Walmart. Traction, puncture resistance and tread life are another matter, as they are dependent on the quality and design of the tire. I haven't found any flaws with the Conti GP4000S and GP4000S II in any regard. They may not be the absolute best in any category, but they are excellent in all of them. When you can get them on sale for $35 or sometimes even less, what's not to love? Yeah, Yankee frugality is a big part of it; I just can't bring myself to spend big bucks on tires for what is likely a marginal gain.

Last edited by Brian Nystrom on 2/12/17 9:42 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/11/17 1:38 PM

"but the ride is superb, a notch above cx..."

You're killing me. LOL But thanks for the update. I thought it had been you that said you ordered some. 25mm??

I actually really like the 25mm Fusion 3 Kevlars. But I pretty sure I feel that the hard wearing center could grip better under hard braking as compared to my go to GP4Ks.

The F3Kevlars got the ride and cut/flat resistance so far, and the weight is very good two. So usually I don't get those 3 at the same time, add in the 19.00 each... You almost don't care how they wear... Don't ride as nice as the Paves do though.. Those are buttery to me with even a little more air than I run in the GP4s

Paves are not to far behinf the G+ in weight too from what I've been reading. Which over all is more important in how long they might last than the slight rotation mass factor for a side O beef like me anyway...

Yada

greglepore

2/12/17 7:28 AM

Yes, 25mm, at around 85 psi. My everyday tires are either cx in summer or Pave in winter. I like the Corsas, but have a stock of discounted cx and Pave to get thru. Nothing wrong with Conti's either, Brian, at least not the good ones, but I give them enough dinero for car tires.:)

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -