HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Tubeless road and latex tubes update

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

9/4/15 11:40 AM

Tubeless road and latex tubes update

I am in my second set of Hutch 23C tubeless on 7801-SL Shimano wheels. 1st Atoms and now Fushion 3 which I just put on. Used Stans both times.

Generally:

One puncture bout/ride [4 staple points] lost 45 lb air 3 miles from home, I just rode home [where I checked out of curiosity of air loss amount]. 2 other punctures sealed with minimal air loss previously.

I noted the stiffer side walls made the tire barely feel mushy even at 45lb, I'd say on a non tubeless sidewall 45 would be a lot less stable. Dare I say ride-able at 210lb of rider? A plus? You decide.

I have not had a cut that has painted me and the bike with sealant yet. That may sway my opinion maybe at that point. ;)

Most important thing to me I noticed... You do not need bigger tire to get the nicer ride. I have no plans on going to 25C even at my 210lb girth. 90/95 lb feels as nice
as 80/85 with bigger tires even with latex tubes. Smaller tires may wear faster with a smaller footprint of course.

I paid same for the Fushion 3s than I paid for the Vit Paves. So the cost factor is not as spread as it once was. Which is why I am late to the tubeless party and this info is nothing new as a result. My first set, the Atoms, I got used for 40.00 to try the system. Tubeless 23s where just over 100.00 each then in 2013 when I got the Atoms. I am too cheap I guess...

For all the Latex tube experimentation and 125.00 in tubes and sealants, I conclude that I will lean tubeless between the two setups. Although on a few wheelsets here that do not have tubeless rims that won't be a choice. But seem new rims are mostly tubeless anyway.

The Green Machine is getting the WTB TCS Nano 40C tires Fed-X just delivered set up tubeless for some woods riding this weekend. I think I got it backwards running road tubeless before off road tubeless. But it just worked out that way...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -