HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Water Bottle boss placement.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

8/22/15 2:21 PM

Water Bottle boss placement.

Both my Copper Reynolds 753 bike and the new Strong have more reach than I like to the DT bottle while moving, and I use the bigger extended top bottles. With any of my other bikes it is not an issue.

I did not ask Carl, but assume the compact/semi compact frame has them lower by design. Although moving with adapter there is still a lot of space with even the bigger bottle. What the reason on the 753 Frueler frame was I dunno.

Any, the Dura Ace Di2 adapter to make room for the battery is a good solution. So if anyone else has the need, there is a reasonable solution, that isn't Delta made.

I got then on sale at Chain Reaction Cycles for $10.99 ea. Good solid and up to about 1-1/2" sliding adjustment.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/shimano-ba01-di2-battery-mount-adaptor/rp-prod34650

EDIT: the old Strong is actually down more than the new one. But perhaps the lower bars plays into it and riding position etc. The new Monster CX bar are higher for off road and winter use, intended. But the Copper bike, still way low compared to other bike with lower road bar positions, observational..

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -