View posts since last visit

rotor's hydro shifting/braking!
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave B

9/11/15 10:33 AM

Bad Timing

quote:
Everyone seems to be either sticking with cables to keep the cost down or going with discs.

Yeah, it sort of like when Polaroid came out with their instant movie film just as the video tape player was announced. A decent idea made nearly instantly obsolete by a better idea.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dddd

10/16/15 11:48 AM

Bounce on a thread here...

I just ordered the SRAM S700 10sp integrated hydraulic levers/calipers, since the price has dropped to under $320/pr, shipped. Yes, includes the hydro rim calipers.

Not part of any recalled inventory, but yet to show their merit. For better and for worse in terms of "speeds", these should be more robust in terms of shifting performance since SRAM's 10 and 11s derailers have the same actuation ratio, with slightly longer cable travel than Shimano. Also the matter of not having to use an 11s-compatible wheel/hub.
If I do at some point buy carbon-rimmed wheels, I believe the {{improved brake modulation}} of these calipers will make up for loss of same resulting from the carbon rim surfaces, but for now it is going to make for an interesting road test period using my new 1250g alloy clincher wheelset.

Rt. lever and hydro caliper:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301398921768?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

L. lever and hydro caliper:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301398921974?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -