HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Stans 5, flats zero [So far so good Road Tubeless for me]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

7/29/15 12:42 PM

Stans 5, flats zero [So far so good Road Tubeless for me]

Both within a 1/2 mile of each other, two events, month apart. 23C Hutch Atom, pretty light tires as tubeless goes.

1st time when I stopped for a MTN view point I saw some leaves stuck to the beige goo that came out.

Today, I was looking in my mirror as I was crossing very busy road to make left and ran over some crap. It was a piece of plastic they staple through over plastic on stacked wood loads. Two staples, T-50 sized.. all four points holding the plastic to the tire. clack clack clack scared the shiet outta me.

Pulled it and spun the holy ;) section so sealant could do it's job after 30 seconds to get out of the turning lane. I did not think it was going to seal, but it did at the expense of probably 1/2 the sealant. But seal it did. Road home on that pressure left in the tire expecting it to flat. Got home 45 lb left in the tire. Surprised it was not a lot more unstable, although I was riding the back more. I think I may run less than the 90 I was in the front from now on... ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

7/30/15 5:31 AM

I spoke with Stan's wife...

...at the Gloucester 'cross race and I asked her: "What's the difference between Stan's and other sealants?" Her reply was: "It works." The truth is that she's right, it does work reliably and I've been using it in everything for years. My only wish is that they'd come up with a formula that doesn't need to be replenished quite as often.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -