HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

PC issue fix, WOT

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
daddy-o

7/22/15 7:55 AM

PC issue fix, WOT

The other day I needed to make something for a good old DVD video player. I noticed my PC didn't recognize blank DVD-R "minus R" discs. It had been a long time since I'd used a blank DVD except for the sort of specialized DVD-RAM type. I have +R and +RW discs and they worked and I delivered on time.

But still it bothered me, what's up with the -R discs? I tried several and Windows completely ignored them on one drive and reported no free space on the other.

I don't remember the time before last when I yanked a USB key without unmounting it, but the other day I yanked my quiescent phone "no harm no foul," no programs were open, no explorer windows or prompts.

FOUL

A minute ago I re-attached the phone, properly ejected it, and now the PC recognizes the -R discs. This is after several reboots including one for the latest MS updates between the yank and the fix.

I didn't come up with the fix, but thought I'd pass it along because it's such a goof.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

7/22/15 9:41 AM

EDITED OUT DUPLICATE MSG

Last edited by Sparky on 7/22/15 11:05 AM; edited 1 time in total

Sparky

7/22/15 9:45 AM

Well at least you checked after the re-mount of the USB device. I can just see someone not knowing the original suspect device was back working and never tried it again.

Was this intention as to try to get it to work as one of you steps? Or just what happened?

Temporary SIG line [becasue I have to say it someplace] Let's beat the shit out of the new Colon-el Sanders. Unfortunately a NBCSP advertiser on every TDF broadcast commercial. There I said it...

daddy-o

7/22/15 10:55 AM

Intentional, $10 worth of -R discs and professional curiosity in the balance.

KFC: really trying to decide here how much dignity to mock away from the originator of the diabetes diet. He was a persistent businessman who lost in the great depression and won on the Eisenhower Interstate System. Timing and persistence, one formula.

Sparky

7/22/15 11:09 AM

The business model is history, and well appreciated at that.

But the Flo-Geico Lizard clone propensity in marketing.. MEH. Thank God for my DVR and the jump button. Just a rant. I am happy the actor has a job [not really], but it seem plain stupid and insulting on a few levels. Rant on pause. ;)

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -