CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Cavendish is a SCMUCK! (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

7/5/15 9:52 AM

Cavendish is a SCMUCK! (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

His childish "win or quit" attitude cost his teammate the yellow jersey. What a selfish moron! I have no respect for him whatsoever.

On the upside, the person who took the yellow jersey really deserves it and it was an exciting finish.

Reply to topic    

henoch

7/5/15 12:58 PM

His job is to win races! end of story.
He isn't selfish or a moron.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

7/5/15 8:22 PM

Disagree.

More than anything else credit Cancellara with reading the race, reading the lead out and reading the sprint.

The NBC commentators blew it, turned it into a blame game. Martin's on camera reaction was goaded on by the interviewer. Martin's dismissal of the provocative last question was best.

Greipel is fast like Cav was a couple of years ago. He used Cav for the lead out. Sagan is peaking at the right time. Martin was unselfish and Cav got taken. It's surprising to see a TT guy overlapping wheels with the fastest sprinters in the business. Martin couldn't defend himself, Cav got surprised. Cancellara made the smartest move of them all.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

walter

7/6/15 7:25 AM

hard to say

i dont know what was agreed/planned by the team before the stage started to really chastise cavendish for that.

things are moving fast in the peloton, especially in the final, i wouldnt expect anyone to be doing math to that level of precision when trying to put out almost 2000 watts to win a stage.

unless it was very clearly agree-to before-hand, i give cavendish a pass.

fwiw...martin was very clearly annoyed with the result.

Brian Nystrom

7/7/15 5:45 AM

This is typical of Cavendish

He does stupid things all the time (remember last year's Tour?) and he always quits sprinting if he thinks he can't win. It's childish and unprofessional. If nothing else, there's prize money at stake that he should be sharing with teammates like Martin who bust their asses for him all day. And for what, just so he can just give up and the end? I also seriously doubt that he didn't know what he needed to do to get Martin the yellow jersey. You can bet that the people in the team car made sure of that.

I do agree that Schlanger (?) went over the line pushing Martin after the stage. That was equally unprofessional and extremely disrespectful. Hopefully someone who's actually raced as a pro (Bobke, Christian or Jens) pulled him aside and read him the riot act.

Cancellara was certainly the smartest guy in the race that day. It's too bad that he's out of it now.

Reply to topic    

walter

7/7/15 8:22 AM

on that point, i agree

last year was a debacle, he got off easy just injuring himself. he was riding desperate.

he definitely has that "petulant child" gene, always has. in the past he got the results to back it up. now he's just a jerk.

Dave B

7/7/15 6:51 PM

Sprinters in general have a short shelf-life. A few years at most and then "the next big thing" comes along and pushes them out of the limelight. I think that's happening to Cavendish and he isn't happy about it.

Brian Nystrom

7/8/15 5:37 AM

It couldn't happen to a nicer guy

I hope Greipel, Sagan, Degenkolb, et al eat his lunch for the rest of the Tour.

On a brighter note, it was nice to see Tony Martin get his just deserts yesterday (no thanks to Cavendish).

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -