HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

disc brakes after a half-a-season...meh
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

4/2/15 1:39 PM

Something is amiss. What was your bedding procedure?

And have you solvent wiped the calipers of late? I was amazed on the Roubiax what the wet off the road deposited on my rotors. A lacquer thinner rub off amazed me the film that came off and subsequent improvement in performance.

My Spyres rival my 7800 calipers, and modulate beter. Considering the disc is a lot smaller on the discs. ;) Even the 7700 Calipers flexed quite a bit, performance at the expense of weight??

OTOH, my 6700 rim calipers have a lot better power than both. And the BR650 long reach Shimano calipers I put on the Foco Strong when I did the SS/ENO conversion are plain awesome on the power side. Modulation not quite as good as the discs though. All in a fine window though.

Now the side pulls on the Paramount on my jaunt the other day require some real power from your hand. I doubt my wife could do it frankly. I have huge hands and get the oops often when I shake folks hands. I was using my mitts like I never have to on the dual pivots. They stop, just not instant response and power. But you grab them good and hard and it is a non issue, if you got the lobster claws I guess. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -