CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Does this March weather mean it will be 120 in July? ;)
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

3/9/15 12:51 PM

Hope you get a spot of good rainfall to help melt that along...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Steve B.

3/9/15 5:34 PM

It's supposed to stay in the high 40's all week into next, chance of rain, but...

Once it all melts, it'll be a few weeks for sand and debris to go away and then the potholes are going to be just friggin awful !

I'm not anticipating riding anything but my tourer on 32's for a month.

Reply to topic    

April

3/9/15 5:51 PM

To JohnC

quote:
Seriously? How is 70 degrees not "nice weather" by anyone's standards?

How is 70 degree NOT a "nice weather"? When you're into water sport, for example, 70 degree is still too chilly. 80+ would be "nice weather" for some, depending on your choice of leisure activity. I will stay away from that other activity that starts with an s...

But that's not the point of my original post. It was an equal dose of sarcasm Sparky missed despite his claim of his own (sarcasm).

I said as much that 70 degree is nice for cycling. But that doesn't make everyone who cycle to love it as a constant diet. Because every other cyclist may also be a water skier, a kayaker, a swimmer too! So a "nice" 70 degree weather is not so nice when you want a change from cycling by heading down to the water with your kite & board!

The whole point being, we WILL get our dose of 70 degree "nice weather" to ride right here in the northeast!

It's just not all year long like in some part of the country. And RIGHT NOW, at this time of year, I happen to like the weather we're getting over the 70 degree weather Sparky is having. (granted, I don't have to clear my own driveway, so I understand if you don't like our current weather the way I do)

And that's what I mean when I said I dislike the WEATHER of San Francisco. It's too cold for water sport, ALL YEAR ROUND. Bit of a shame since water sport is a big part of the Bay Area's appeal to me.

I love SF Bay area for a lot of things: the outdoor opportunity, the tech job opportunity, the food and wine... but weather isn't one of them! Not to me.

Sparky

3/9/15 6:28 PM

Isn't it more soupy overcast and cloudy in SF, or does it burn off each day? We have only spent a little time passing through from LA to PDX since our move the the PNW. It was socked in both times in SF like the first 2 winters were here...

JohnC

3/9/15 9:55 PM

The Bay Area is the ultimate in micro-climate geography. it has many weathers. It's much warmer in Oakland than SF, even it's only 8 miles away. And over the hill from there in Contra Costa county, warmer still. And so on. On a 70-degree SF day, it's often 105 in Sacramento.

Even within SF, there's variation. In summer the fog intrudes at night, but recedes during the day. But often doesn't make it all the way, so the ocean side of the city will stay foggy often when it's sunny downtown.

Anyway, April, I get it. you didn't like the weather there.

Sparky, we don't want the rain. We'd have floods. Melt slow is best.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -