HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Rim deal Heads up.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/10/15 2:34 PM

Rim deal Heads up.

Pacenti SL23 '28' drilling/hole 'only' x 700c are getting cleared out @ huge discount. Jack told me he wants to move 90 pieces by months end.

I don't know what rims are better than Pacenti right now in this pricepoint/material category. The HED Belgium Plus for $118.00 of course in same league IMO. I will post after build/ride of the SL23 VS the Belgium at a later date. SL25 disc only Pacenti wise built/used thus far. Very happy with those initially, expect same with the SL23s. built up like a breeze. Rim that start round and straight want to stay that way IME.

MSRP 104.00, Now $50.00 each with tape and possibly free shipping. And a free Tee Shirt maybe, ask if they make you pay shipping. ;)

A23s which are not welded are more coin than this and do not reach the quality threshold IMO.

Impressed with the tape FWIW. Have a 60 yard roll coming.

Contact Pacenti directly, feel free to tell Jack I told you about it, or not. He is a fellow Joisey boy in TN, making it easy for us to jaw. ;)

Jack Kopeski // Sales Manager
Pacenti Cycle Design
(423) 531 6135

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dddd

2/11/15 1:00 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, I'm wishing I had a good 28h Shimano freehub or two.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/11/15 1:55 PM

I do not think 6800 Ultegra hubs made in 28h. DA 9k, yes. But huge coin.

The CX75 Centerlock hubs only come in 28h. perfect match for a nice disc wheelset/135 rear I am thinking. i almost went that direction until the XTR hubs popped up locally NOS.

I went with the XTR 9 speed NOS hubs for my disc set. The 10 speed XTRs went to bigger axles and smaller bearing. Not to mention AL instead of Ti axles.

We ordered some of those BHS hubs 28h and are going to build up 2 set 28h. We were offered the 28h SL23 for 67.50 'in case we needed rims' for the 28h hubs. ;).

I keep saying we as my bud will be side by side building his first wheelset, me tutoring. And I got the Park Stand. ;)

I wound up paying $49.00 ea, and got a 60 yard roll of Pacenti tape and free shipping. BHS charges shipping for rims according to the website.

When I got the disc only SL25s, I got a Tee shirt too. I will keep going direct to Pacenti. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -