HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Canondale Six-13

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

11/20/14 6:36 PM

Canondale Six-13

A friend asked me to build this 2005? frameset into a bike. He gave me a box of new and used parts for it. It is Aluminum with carbon bonded mid tube in a few places.. All Carbon fork/steerer.

I just test rode this sled, and was pretty impressed with the light feel and snap of it. Not to mention rolling over broken pavement with 95/100 lb air in 23C tubeless tires has a nice dampened feeling..

And it is pretty old really, albeit in good condition. Newest CADO I have ridden personally. And still a USA made frameset too.

New R600 STIs, 10s DA cranks, 9s rearDR, calipers[old 8s DA], my old DA Scandium wheelset with tubeless Hutch 23Cs. It is a real mutt, but light and easily could be a daily aggressive rider. I weighed it at 17lb [60CM], no bar tape with aluminum hybrid pedals. But after I took that shot so the weight includes all the cables/housings.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

11/22/14 7:16 PM

Cannondales have really dialed handling

My Supersix HiMod is by far the best handling bike I've owned. It simply goes where I point it with no drama. For me, is the benchmark against which I judge everything else.

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

11/24/14 6:25 PM

All wet?

quote:
rolling over broken pavement with 95/100 lb air in 23C tubeless tires has a nice dampened feeling..

I think you meant damped. Unless there was water in that broken pavement and you were getting some wheel spray. :)

Yes, I can sometimes be pedantic. Just ask my wife and kids.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

11/24/14 7:19 PM

No, I appreciate the corrections. It is obvious sometimes when it comes to writing down or typing that I cut a lot of English classes in school. Which I did frankly, not just English either...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -