CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

For those of you who haven't had enough...

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

11/8/13 11:31 AM

For those of you who haven't had enough...

...there's an interesting 4-part interview with Lance Armstrong on the Cycling News site:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features

I really hope the UCI does have a truth & reconciliation commission. It would be nice to get the full picture of what was going on in the peloton.

Reply to topic    

greglepore

11/8/13 3:07 PM

Hilarious_
<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/58191312">Creep

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Matthew Currie

11/11/13 4:37 PM

I heard a little of an interview on PBS, pretty much the same old same old. Why are they picking on me? It's unfair to go back so many years. I'd do this but that, I'd do that but this. They all did it, why are they picking on me? Oh poor me.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

11/12/13 5:32 AM

This one's somewhat different

If you haven't read it, you may want to.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

11/12/13 1:22 PM

Things that caught my eye:
_____
"they have a couple of big victories and then they have those off season parties and all of a sudden the season comes around and they’re fucked. All I really cared about was getting back to July."

This, to me, says a lot. Clean or dirty. Biggest component perhaps is the component of will?
There are some things he can say that are just plain truths after all.
_____
"All I’m saying is that I want to be accurate about what happened."

I find a perpetual picture painter non capable. In the situation his habits would trump what he might want to believe beforehand about himself. If after the fact [post hammer falling/charge letter] who would believe a word he says anyway. Take Floyd as example. Now I am telling the truth? yeah...

____
"That’s not a comprehensive way to clean up the sport."

LA being the expert ? ;)

I find it laughable that LA actually expects the powers that be should allow the fox to do the clean up of the raids on the hen house. Especially when all the folks know how severely manipulative LA 'IS'.

I still agree on the level playing field scenario. But LA is an idiot if he thinks he will be on the bureaucracy podium ever.

The perjury podium... Yep.

mag7

11/12/13 3:04 PM

There is a nagging part of me that believes LA will tap dance his way back to the limelight.
You gotta believe his "team" includes PR handlers who know a thing of two about polishing bad apples.

Noticed his tweets have resumed after a long lull and it's all about the cancer community where clearly he did a lot of good.

The bad as far as doping is concerned seems no worse than his rivals.
I find myself agreeing with the question:
Does LA's extreme level of arrogance and machismo justify the backlash?
Are not those the traits that we as spectators come to expect with sport's elite class?
The idea of getting in the other guy's head?

Still have Jan's comment swirling in my head "he finished first" and what I believe the rest of that statement is "we (the contenders for the overall) were all doping, and LA was the best."

I don't want to like him again, but my admiration for him was so great for so long that I find myself starting to reflect more and more on the good he did....and the bad not being that much worse than his rivals.

Sparky

11/12/13 6:01 PM

"my admiration for him was so great for so long that I find myself starting to reflect more"

I could care less personally about him, personally.

Most data indicates he is a total dick head. A lot of top athletes are that and worse.

Nothing will erase the enjoyment of mine watching him and especially Jan duking out. Marco too. The American contingency in cycling aligned with my most enjoyed cycling time. It could have been any douche, but at least it was an American one. ;)

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

11/18/13 4:10 PM

On your way UNDER the bus Hein

Rats ratting on each other:

http://www.boston.com/sports/other-sports/cycling/2013/11/18/armstrong-uci-head-planned-tour-doping-cover/HnnkEmfVlgDXdZAid0TkqK/story.html

Reply to topic    

ErikS
Location: Slowing boiling over in the steamy south, Global Warming is real

11/18/13 4:19 PM

This sounds very plausible.

Follow the money.

Wayne

11/18/13 5:11 PM

It's hard to con a con-man.

"Since when does anyone believe Lance Armstrong? When with Oprah Winfrey he said he never settled something with the UCI? Or since he makes movies and interviews and hints that there are juicy stories to come?

“His story is illogical because it was not a positive anti-doping offence, in the opinion of the competent authority. That authority was not the UCI, but the French Ministry. After allegations a year back of a large-scale complicity at the UCI over doping by Lance Armstrong and his team, we are now back to a cortisone-case from 1999 that wasn’t even from the UCI. Sincerely, Hein Verbruggen.”

Reply to topic    

mag7

11/18/13 5:18 PM

Emma O'Reilly a.k.a. "the alcoholic prostitute" is now tweeting that after her meeting with LA it was "good to finally sit down with @lancearmstrong."
I got this feeling that once he's done ratting out people, LA makes a comeback that to many of us is unthinkable.
If I was advising the producers of the upcoming LA film I think I'd tell them to stop the presses - the biggest part of this story may not be known yet.

daddy-o

11/18/13 6:19 PM

Emma context

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2508927/Lance-Armstrong-called-prostitute-alcoholic--Emma-OReilly.html

Sparky

11/18/13 7:30 PM

I think O'Reily's doberman should bite lance on the Testicle...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -